The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2010, 05:36:01 PMI hate research papers. SO MUCH.

In college, you'll never stop seeing them :D

Quote from: universe-X on September 09, 2010, 05:07:33 PMSame shit. :P

I like to scream "Fuck!" in the cafeteria with a group of friends in the morning :) (The cafeteria is full until we're dismissed to go to class).

So there was this guy in my sister's class that liked to annoy this crabby old substitute teacher in high school. When she was talking, he'd throw his voice across the room, saying things like "penis", while the rest of the class stayed quiet like they didn't hear anything.  ;D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Ruto on September 09, 2010, 05:45:53 PMIn college, you'll never stop seeing them :D

It doesn't help that I'm considering a career as an English teacher. -_-

According to my ex-English teacher, she wrote research papers all throughout college--and the most she ever had to do was 27 in one semester.

I'm freaked out now. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Teachers are good and all... but that isnt a lucrative career opportunity... I guess they do it because of a passion to do it

Oh, and I love research papers... especially the ones I had to do for AP US and AP Euro... Ahh, the days of talking about the crazy Shakers, Louis XIV's frivolous wars and how the Son's of Liberty were just a bunch of drunks!

Ruto

Everyone in history was drunk... ::)

I think most of the papers I did were about prehistoric societies, art, the Greeks, and religion-related. Oh, I'm not an English major so that's pretty few, huh?

KefkaticFanatic

Research papers aren't that bad.  I'm going to do a 4000 word on on Net Neutrality for my IB Extended Essay.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Most of my papers were from Medieval Europe... I love that time period from Charlemagne to just before the turn of the 20th Century... Pre-Reformation Europe is pretty fun to look at... Vercingatorix, Clovis I, St. Patrick... all that fun stuff (the Christianization of Europe was a fun part after the Edict of Milan and the Council of Nicaea)

I just wish I learned that in school... I had to learn about French history in my AP French IV class... now that was fun, but the teacher was just plan bad!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 09, 2010, 05:59:00 PMTeachers are good and all... but that isnt a lucrative career opportunity... I guess they do it because of a passion to do it

It's pretty sad how much of an English enthusiast I am. :(

But I'd love to teach English. Honors English, though... I'd rather teach honors or AP than on-level.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Harvest

-

DrP

I would love to teach an AP class... go super fast, making kids completely complain and overload them with weekly essays and lots of busy work... I can make AP Euro a very difficult class! haha

Oh, and a very happy birthday to the spammers... haha... someone seriously needs to take them out of here!

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 09, 2010, 06:59:56 PMI would love to teach an AP class... go super fast, making kids completely complain and overload them with weekly essays and lots of busy work... I can make AP Euro a very difficult class! haha

Oh, and a very happy birthday to the spammers... haha... someone seriously needs to take them out of here!

I AGREE x1000

So I was browsing the Pokemon sheets for the past 10 minutes and thought it was odd no one's done the R/S Ending theme XDDD.  Oh and also Staples had a sale on empty music books (blank staff sheets) for 50 cents. I went crazy. I don't think I've bought enough now that I think about it...

Harvest

-

Ruto

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on September 09, 2010, 07:07:36 PMI AGREE x1000

So I was browsing the Pokemon sheets for the past 10 minutes and thought it was odd no one's done the R/S Ending theme XDDD.  Oh and also Staples had a sale on empty music books (blank staff sheets) for 50 cents. I went crazy. I don't think I've bought enough now that I think about it...

Well, I kinda did... but it isn't just for one piano!

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 09, 2010, 07:33:33 PMWell, I kinda did... but it isn't just for one piano!

Submit it anyway :D Such an epic theme...and the only sheet music I can find for it is here. It seems half finished.

I really like the website's difficulty level bar. NSM should have that too!