The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

My incredibly stupid theory on colors:

Okay, we all see all the colors (assuming none of you are color blind). I see red, you see red. I see purple, you see purple. I see orange, you see orange.

Here's what I started thinking about: What if what I see as red is actually what YOU see as pink? But you still call it red, because that IS red to you. What if my purple is actually your blue?

It can really mess up your head when you start thinking about it.

What do you all think?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Well the fact that soemthing that looks red to me also looks red to you and probably looks red to everyone else here pretty much disproves that theory.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

Wow, I actually got a conversation going :P

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on September 06, 2010, 02:10:26 AMHave you looked into Plato's Analogy of the Divided Line at all?
I'm not going too much into philosophy, but I am starting with Plato. I almost gave him up for Socrates >_>

Quote from: Maretocks on September 06, 2010, 06:08:15 AMIt's so difficult to understand/comprehend without prior study. I tried looking up black holes. That pretty much resulted in me opening up an exponentially growing number of tabs for different branches of physics. :P Which, much like a drying star, collapsed upon itself. /basic astronomy/physics analogy
I've done a lot of research about black holes from 5th grade to now. Yes, we still don't know what lies on the other side. :P
From what I've found is that black holes are a star that, somewhat, implodes. There is a lot of energy left over and it turns into... well, yeah ;D With this amount of energy and power, it is able to "suck in" all matter and energy around it, with no way of letting it out. [/bad nutshell]

I'm also gonna have to study white holes. (Wow, I can hear the perverted jokes coming in now) White holes, apparently, are always giving energy and/or matter. Could this mean the Law of Conservation of Mass is disproved? :o (Probably not) Where would white holes get the energy? Perhaps, black holes?

I'm such a nerd.

Quote from: Ruto on September 06, 2010, 07:36:34 AMWait, why philosophy?
Event horizon, Schwarzschild radius, Chandrasekhar limit, what happens to time inside the black hole >>> philosophy :P
I just wanna look at life a better way... not like half of the people on this forum. :P

I have no idea what those meant, either, so... yeah ;D

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 06, 2010, 09:57:35 AMMy incredibly stupid theory on colors:
Okay, we all see all the colors (assuming none of you are color blind). I see red, you see red. I see purple, you see purple. I see orange, you see orange.
Here's what I started thinking about: What if what I see as red is actually what YOU see as pink? But you still call it red, because that IS red to you. What if my purple is actually your blue?
What do you all think?
You're not the first person to think about this. Trust me ;) This is one of the reasons why I think aliens exist. It's hard to explain.

But the color theory... I've always wondered if that's the case. How would we know if we are seeing what someone else sees? :P (Eye transplant?)
If everything were a different color than what you see now, like, black is white, that'd be pretty awesome. :D

Longest post in TPYTotMT2? ^.^

SuperRiolu

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 05, 2010, 09:31:11 PMEveryone in Europe smokes... its just that they are always active and they smoke, too.

Almost everyone!!
QuoteAll that philosophic stuff
You guys are definitely thinking here, but confusing me!

And who knows Uni, a black hole could either be a teleport to another galaxy, a time warp or just our demise. If there was a way to send electronic equipment inside with a camera, without the black hole disrupting communication, maybe it might work! OR Maybe its the White holes on the other side of black holes (maybe a theory of yin and yang into practice in an astrological scale)

Anyways, today was my first day of school, and it's only 9 months until I'm ready to "pop out" haha
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Aliens exist, and you're retarded if you think otherwise.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 06, 2010, 09:57:35 AMMy incredibly stupid theory on colors:

What do you all think?
This theory is stupid. You look at Kirby and see pink. I look at Kirby and see pink. EVRYONE ELSE looks at Kirby and sees pink. [/theory disproved]

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

That does NOT disprove this theory!

You don't understand it whatsoever!

Even though we all see pink, what you see as pink could be what I see as what you see as blue, and my brother sees as yellow! But we all CALL it pink, because that's what we're taught!

Does anyone besides me know what I'm talking about? (Excluding Universe)

SuperFireKirby

your theory is people can look at something, and both see a different color from the other person. But if they both look at kirby and see pink, that would mean they are both seeing the same color, therefore your theory does not exist. If you want me to go into scientific details of physics and light waves and whatnot to disprove your theory, I can. But this way is much more simple.

Edit: TWG is starting. Pm's will be sent out.

SlowPokemon

It still exists because I don't see how that's a real explanation.

Also.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I can't wait for mine... send mine first, please! :D

MaestroUGC

A theory can only be a theory if it can be proven or disproven. Slow, there is no way to test people's perception, therefore you cannot prove or disprove your theory. Which means that your "theory" is nothing more than the inane ramblings of an insane man.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

Quote from: MasterPenguin on September 06, 2010, 10:24:09 AMAliens exist, and you're retarded if you think otherwise.
This.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on September 06, 2010, 10:35:00 AMyour theory is people can look at something, and both see a different color from the other person. But if they both look at kirby and see pink, that would mean they are both seeing the same color, therefore your theory does not exist. If you want me to go into scientific details of physics and light waves and whatnot to disprove your theory, I can. But this way is much more simple.
Please do :P I want to hear about this now, rather than later.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 06, 2010, 10:30:24 AMThat does NOT disprove this theory!

You don't understand it whatsoever!

Even though we all see pink, what you see as pink could be what I see as what you see as blue, and my brother sees as yellow! But we all CALL it pink, because that's what we're taught!

Does anyone besides me know what I'm talking about? (Excluding Universe)

Yep... when we see pink (since we all are taught to associate the light color to be pink) we could actually have called it something wrong and then it could actually be a true blue OR when you're supposed to see pink like when it's "normal" to see pink, and you see blue instead or green or yellow or whatever, then you aren't seeing it in it's true color, though when you were shown Pink when taught, it was blue or yellow or green and you associated that color as pink

Harvest

I've been studying geography hardcore in preparation for the class that I want the top mark in.

I can actually study because I actually enjoy studying it.

Need probably like a 98% or something..lots of intelligent chicks in the class that get gender bias marks as well that I will have to kill or rape.
-

DrP

Quick, what's the lowest point in the continental US???

And even though my mom is sick (with the flu or something), she seriously sounds like she's snorting cocaine