News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

Sup guys.

God said, let there be joy and happiness in the lives of children, and the Nintendo 64 was brought back to life, and he said it was good. (My N64 started working again this morning.) ^_________________________________________^ *Jumps up and down*
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Ruto

The only nerds that should be ashamed of themselves are the request nerds so no more picking on the newbs, guys.

Quote from: Harvest on September 05, 2010, 07:02:58 PM...and I'm the nerd that doesn't have a valid reason for being here other than I need a place to type my thoughts, no matter how little anyone cares.

Keep doing that so we know you're alive after your parties...XD

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Yawn.  Redoing my room.  Got rid of a bunch of furniture, put some drawers in my closet, and am going to have a nice wall mounted desk.  Currently painting the walls.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

The term 'newbie nerds' is now one of the most annoying terms to me now.

Also, until you've been on her for at least a year or 2, you're still a n00b. Heck, even I'm still a n00b in some/many ways.

This guy is now my idol, no matter how annoying (or French) he may be.

DrP

Quote from: universe-X on September 05, 2010, 08:35:22 PMThe term 'newbie nerds' is now one of the most annoying terms to me now.

Also, until you've been on her for at least a year or 2, you're still a n00b. Heck, even I'm still a n00b in some/many ways.

This guy is now my idol, no matter how annoying (or French) he may be.

That guy is amazing!!! I love his pacman suit gag!

KefkaticFanatic

He also has absurdly good soccer skills.  At least with juggling and shooting.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

He smokes a whole lot too, I dunno how he's able to run like that.

He's also shown up on TV as a player on a soccer team.

Like, really. Idol material.

DrP

Everyone in Europe smokes... its just that they are always active and they smoke, too.

universe-X

Wow.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

Thought of the Moment: Studying Philosophy and random objects in the Universe (black holes, cosmoses, large/tiny planets, etc.).

The Deku Trombonist

Have you looked into Plato's Analogy of the Divided Line at all?

dahans

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 05, 2010, 09:31:11 PMEveryone in Europe smokes... its just that they are always active and they smoke, too.
Wow, I didn't know that I smoke! Thanks for the information DP! :D
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Maretocks

Quote from: universe-X on September 05, 2010, 09:48:23 PMThought of the Moment: Studying Philosophy and random objects in the Universe (black holes, cosmoses, large/tiny planets, etc.).
It's so difficult to understand/comprehend without prior study. I tried looking up black holes. That pretty much resulted in me opening up an exponentially growing number of tabs for different branches of physics. :P Which, much like a drying star, collapsed upon itself. /basic astronomy/physics analogy

Writing is fun.

I've truly rediscovered the joy of it.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

I've always wanted to be a writer, from the first time I picked up a book (about 2 years old).

Too bad I have no writing skills whatsoever. :D
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Ruto

Quote from: universe-X on September 05, 2010, 09:48:23 PMWow.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

Thought of the Moment: Studying Philosophy and random objects in the Universe (black holes, cosmoses, large/tiny planets, etc.).

Wait, why philosophy?

Event horizon, Schwarzschild radius, Chandrasekhar limit, what happens to time inside the black hole >>> philosophy :P

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Jub3r7

My philosophy: Within the dimension of thought, small bubbles of existence float around, causing us to come up with the same idea as someone else when those bubbles of existence come closer, or think completely different ideas as they spread apart. However, ideas like Communism and Democracy are closer together than you might think within the thought dimension.... Oh well, ignore that last thought; I don't want to start a conversation about politics, bleh.  :P

And that is one of infinite dimensions that exist in this multi-verse, with different planes and dimensions for every existence that exists. There are infinite dimensions because for every thought of a story that you can come up with, that story exists and becomes its own alternate plane or dimension. Well, it had already existed, but had yet to be discovered. That's one reason being a writer is so much fun; you can discover many wondrous things, even beyond this universe.

I'm not a novelist writer; I just enjoy writing short stories and poems. I sometimes enter them in the competitions that the schools have, and sometimes win a little bit. I never get first place, but mine always shows up in the place where they show the winners. I haven't managed to write a longer story yet; before I can get THAT awesome idea on paper, another awesome idea pops in my head.... Right now I have an idea about a world that seems like a cross between the Dark Ages and the French Revolution, except with a completely different cast of characters.... It's funny how all the bad guys are based off of my friends in real life. Oh yeah, the main character is this person looking for a job as a body guard or something (with his trusty sword); this writer comes along who doesn't exactly tell him that he's in trouble with the government for certain things that he wanted to publish....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]