News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrP

Will do, Concerto! Let's teach this douchebag to not mess with our (and Nintendo's) work...
Quote from: Maretocks on August 30, 2010, 12:19:18 AMCurrent Affairs: Harvest saw an alien, and the admins potentially have a lawsuit on their hands.

Best. Forum. Evar.

So spring's finally rolling around. I liked winter. :(

Eh... He was prolly tripping out on something

Anyways, you are one lucky bastard for living "down under" the summer is still in full force with nearly 100 degree temperatures and sweltering humidity ( which is uncommon for where I lie... The humidity part)

Ruto

@Concerto

I'll post this up on the ebay forums. I plan to use the Gobi Valley sheet and yours. But I have to get a pdf converter first, then upload the files and finish the post.

It doesn't help much if the Gobi Valley one doesn't have a date on the sheet, such as a date of submission, though xD. But there are just way too many similarities in the "sample" not to call it plagiarizing.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 30, 2010, 01:02:15 AMEh... He was prolly tripping out on something

Heh, multiple people saw the same thing.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Harvest

You don't really hallucinate with alcohol :P

We know what we saw..but it certainly wasn't conclusive as an alien....could have easily been some douchebag that likes to walk around at night with a pulsating light and stare at guys and then follow them around haha..
-

FallenPianist

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on August 29, 2010, 10:02:25 PMBah this guy is seriously pissing me off.  If anyone lives near Quebec, please do me a favor and find this guy and punch him in the face.

Give me his address, NOW. I'll finally know if those 5 years of judo were useful

Jub3r7

QuoteThat's why I didn't answer his question.
I was joking, gawd!  :'(
QuoteWhat are you, 12?
No, I'm actually older than that... Sorry if I say anything immature or annoying; apparently it has something to do with third-child syndrome...

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on August 29, 2010, 09:32:14 PMIs it even legal to charge for arrangements of Nintendo songs? Disregarding the fact that he's stolen them, would he need permission from Nintendo if he was doing it legally?

And I haven't had a chance to look at the file you uploaded yet because I can't open zip files at school :P
I'm pretty sure it is illegal... If you get artwork of a Nintendo character and sell it to someone, they could sue you, but I'm pretty sure it's legal to sell FAN ART of Nintendo characters... I'm really not sure how this applies to music.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Brassman388

So, I decided that I'm getting rid most of my VGM's. Does anyone want a copy of anything before I hit the delete button?

EDIT: Jub3r7, just don't make obvious statements. Also, constantly quoting isn't really good forum etiquette either. So, stop it.

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 29, 2010, 10:19:46 PMSomebody here, semi active (not going to divulge their info) lives near Quebec. They might be able to get some of their friends together and punch the guy in the face or pull a "What happens in Vegas" stunt and junk punch him every week... haha

Concerto: you should ask for a refund or something

Haha, that would be me, right? :P Seriously, I really want to hit the guy w/ my baseball bat if he doesn't live to far from here. Actually, distance doesn't matter, haha. I don't mind spending a lot of time in cars and buses. I'm really curious as where does he live in Quebec though. I'd lol hard if it was near my town.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Jub3r7

Sorry, I've been reading through all the TWG posts; the whole point was to point out what other people were saying, so there were a lot of quotes...  :P
Where can I find a list of your vgm's?  ???
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Roz~

^Please use sigs smaller than that. They are annoying.

universe-X

The best thing may have happened in my orchestra class regarding freshman year... We're playing Hungarian Dance No. 5! That's the only one out of the (6?) that I actually know (not note-by-note, but by sound). Bad news: I can play the beginning better than most of the violins and I think one of the sections are wrong, as far as notes go. Oh well...

Bad news in orchestra: We have 2 insanely hard regional pieces that we're being graded on. They're hard mainly because they're full of Clef changes (from Bass to Tenor to even Treble in some spots) (I play cello).

So, now I have to learn how to read the tenor clef, mainly the notes above the ledger line. :-\

SlowPokemon

AARGH

I hate huge sigs! :(

I don't really like sigs with pictures at all, actually!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 30, 2010, 12:38:20 PMSo, I decided that I'm getting rid most of my VGM's.
What? Why? And are you talking about arrangements or soundtracks?

Harvest

So I tried to buy some records and a record player and was shocked to find that any store that sells it here is closed on Mondays.

:(
-

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on August 30, 2010, 12:58:58 AMRighteo...Now that I've looked at the .zip that Concerto uploaded, some of them definitely look they came from here -  eg Hyrule Field by Asa who is possibly the only person who's arranged that one. master-sayien's obviously made some feeble attempts at some changes to make it look different but if you analyse it, no-one with even half a musical brain would've written that.

I don't think any are mine - perhaps because I haven't been here too long.

It's "master-sayien" btw, not master-sayein (just so people get their complaints right :P)

No, it's actually "master-sayein".  He probably couldn't get the other spelling.

Roz~

Hey, did it mention that he lives in Quebec City on his Facebook profile? 'Cause that's close to where I live. Just being curious, not gonna destroy his house or whatever, haha. x)