News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

fan expo... great con for getting nerdy hats :D *may posts pics later if requested*
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Harvest on August 27, 2010, 03:12:41 PMSo I was staying in a hotel with my girlfriend and we decided to try the pool out...well this was in a pretty asian district of Toronto..which didn't bother me I guess but lol...

the changeroom...fuck...hahahaha...

Lets just say I was the alpha male..

Das rite, git ya dik suk

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 27, 2010, 10:43:51 PMfan expo... great con for getting nerdy hats :D *may posts pics later if requested*

DUDE

You were at the fan expo??? That's really cool! The creators of Total Drama Island were there! I wanted to go so bad, but I couldn't! :o

You should post pics!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Today has been like super fast paced. We were having some friends from Austria to come for dinner before my friend's dad leaves back home and she goes to my old high school... I had to navigate this mega parking lot at Costco and then deal with backroads under construction and the 5 freeway was backed up at 1 PM (and they are 5-6 lanes across... depending if you have 2 or more people). Then I had to pull a stunt into an intersection when an emergency vehicle pulled up behind me and I had to go take another back route... when it normally takes me 9 minutes to get home, it took me almost 40. Now I find out theyre coming tomorrow.

/rant

Anyways, I invented this new flavor combo for passion tea at Starbucks. I call it the DVR Passion tea. its 1/2 pump of Vanilla, Raspberry and Dark Cherry. It is AMAZING!

Ruto

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 28, 2010, 01:48:46 PMToday has been like super fast paced. We were having some friends from Austria to come for dinner before my friend's dad leaves back home and she goes to my old high school... I had to navigate this mega parking lot at Costco and then deal with backroads under construction and the 5 freeway was backed up at 1 PM (and they are 5-6 lanes across... depending if you have 2 or more people). Then I had to pull a stunt into an intersection when an emergency vehicle pulled up behind me and I had to go take another back route... when it normally takes me 9 minutes to get home, it took me almost 40. Now I find out theyre coming tomorrow.

/rant

The New York subway is full of idiots. This includes the riders and the workers. It took an hour to travel 7 miles uptown.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

SlowPokemon

That's fairly horrible. :P

People can be pretty stupid sometimes.

DrP

theres lots of idiots out there!

Rome is kicking ass on Civ IV!

Ruto

Ha, I didn't get to the beginning of that!

Today:

My dad dropped his sunglasses near the waiting area. When we went back to look for, there was this fat woman sitting there calling her daughter misogynist things and cursing at her. This woman passes by and tells her she shouldn't talk to her daughter (who is 3?) like that. The fat woman gets up and starts yelling "Mind yo' business! Mind yo' business!". Also, there's a good chance she pocketed the sunglasses but at that point, no one should talk to someone like that.

The woman standing/then sitting next to my dad kept YAMMERING in the loudest voice possible talking about birthday parties, and how her daughter's so rich by working in Citibank and then she was so pretty but chose to take this guy from the projects (heh, you can learn a lot from people's choices) when she could be dating a guy from the Upper East Side (YA RLY). My dad, who is a tiny bit hard of hearing at his age, was really annoyed by her loudness and her stupid smug tone and when we left, he talked about how people think they are so accomplished and entitled.

We were getting in the elevator when this Indian guy tries to squeeze in and he tells this other fat woman to move (in a polite tone) in a thick accent. She turns around and starts yelling at him, and this other guy behind her joins in. She said it's polite to say "Excuuse me" in the rudest tone you can imagine. I was trying to get the elevator to move because the doors got stuck and those know-it-alls told me to stop trying and just wait. I was stuck in there for 3 minutes while the geniuses thought they got things right while they totally ignored my advice like I didn't speak English.

I'm convinced these people will stay this way because they can't get over themselves.

SlowPokemon

I would HATE to live in New York. You've just convinced me of that, Ruto...thanks. :3

DrP

New York is ok if you know what to do and all... I would live out on LI cause that's where my mom is from (Huntington)... I would go live with some friends out in Riverhead/Wading River area... its pretty nice. I just wanna stay clear of the Hamptons and Montauk

IMO LA is worse than NYC, Slow... you dont want to go near it at all

SlowPokemon

DEFINITELY

California is not at ALL how it is portrayed to the world.

Ruto

There is a list of neighborhoods you should avoid in NY...I'll give you a full list if you ever visit. LI is a bit too suburban for me and I'm one of those people that dislike traveling everywhere by car!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2010, 02:59:38 PMCalifornia is not at ALL how it is portrayed to the world.

Every ad is a little bias. But let's not forget where the world's favorite suicide spot is!

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on August 28, 2010, 03:16:27 PMThere is a list of neighborhoods you should avoid in NY...I'll give you a full list if you ever visit. LI is a bit too suburban for me and I'm one of those people that dislike traveling everywhere by car!

Every ad is a little bias. But let's not forget where the world's favorite suicide spot is!

Surprisingly, the country with the world's highest suicide rate is Lithuania, and my dad's family is from there. I happen to live in the state with the most suicides... and surprisingly, I'm not suicidal (nor will I ever be... I'm always high on life!)

California is not portrayed on how it is, except for Newport Beach and Beverly Hills, which contains the stereotypes that you think of Orange County and BH, respectively. I just wish I can take you all on a tour of where I actually live and show that it really isnt a stereotypical place.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Washington has the highest percentage of suicides... California has the most people (because of this economic depression and there are parts of california that are like washington... it's just that we have more people)

I forgot how good United States of Eurasia (and other Muse songs) and the Killers were... great music! I was able to score some Muse tickets for the Staples Center at the end of September!! Woo!!!