News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Cobraroll on August 11, 2010, 10:03:01 AMWow, schools seem strange in the US.

Is it very uncommon to bring one's own food to school? The first eight-nine years of school in Norway, everybody does. In fact, the first seven years there are no other options if you want to eat (and they call your parents if you don't. Fun thing, that).

After the first nine years, you're usually free to do whatever within the limits of the law in the breaks, if you're back when the next class starts.
I actually bring food every day, I just buy extra cause most of the time I'm still hungry.

I'm lucky enough to have super-metabolism so I don't gain weight and still eat a ton :X
Though it's probably also because I only eat healthy stuff, never eat fast food, almost never have soda, and exercise fairly regularly.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 11, 2010, 02:22:38 PMI actually bring food every day, I just buy extra cause most of the time I'm still hungry.

I'm lucky enough to have super-metabolism so I don't gain weight and still eat a ton :X
Though it's probably also because I only eat healthy stuff, never eat fast food, almost never have soda, and exercise fairly regularly.

you are one lucky bastard for having a super fast metabolism! I just wish I could eat an ounce of cheese without gaining 2 pounds... Why is it always the people with slower metabolisms love food so much?

Ruto

Heh, I wouldn't worry about that. Like when the next famine comes along you'd be laughing at us. 

Crap I just ate 2 hours ago and now I'm hungry >__>

STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD D:

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 11, 2010, 02:25:56 PMyou are one lucky bastard for having a super fast metabolism! I just wish I could eat an ounce of cheese without gaining 2 pounds... Why is it always the people with slower metabolisms love food so much?

Oh but I do love food.  Especially chocolate.  Delicious dark chocolate.  Grand Marnier truffles are my favorite :3

me irl
[close]

universe-X

<3 Dark chocolate. Any suggestions?

I've also heard of this one... velvet chocolate or something? It's supposed to be really good...

Nakah

Midnight Chocolate.

Darkest stuff I ever tasted.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Nakah on August 11, 2010, 02:46:42 PMMidnight Chocolate.

Darkest stuff I ever tasted.
Tasted near bitter, just not completely.

DrP

I'm like the chocolate... I worked at this small chain called See's Candies for 2 years!!! The Dark Chocolate isnt really dark like most people really like it, BUT they make this bar that is 85% Cocoa... its pretty chocolately!

Now that I'm not working there getting high off the chocolate smells in the back room (you actually loose your sense of smell of the chocolate if youre back there too long) and gorging on Milk Patties, im finally safe from gaining 15 pounds like last summer (oh, and ive lost 35 this summer! WOOT!)

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 11, 2010, 02:41:38 PMOh but I do love food.  Especially chocolate.  Delicious dark chocolate.  Grand Marnier truffles are my favorite :3

Oh, but I love it more! It's ok now since I'm not eating a lot... and drinking LOTS of coffee and the occasional once a week Dr Pepper (its working!!!) [Speaking of which, it is Wednesday, so that means its weekly Dr Pepper Time!!]

Nakah

Coffee and Dr. Pepper diet?

*Shudders as a runner*

DrP

Quote from: Nakah on August 11, 2010, 03:07:28 PMCoffee and Dr. Pepper diet?

*Shudders as a runner*

IM A SWIMMER!!

But I go jogging every other morning around the lake by my house... its a 3 mile loop along hilly terrain, but I then jog to Starbucks (another 4 miles) and get a Passion Iced Tea and Hummus Plate. Coffee is only consumed on days I dont run and when I need to be up late (about twice a week) and a single 12oz can of Dr Pepper on Wednesdays (the day I dont jog)

So... theres that!

universe-X

If there was a nearby walk path around a lake, I would go jogging everyday, but alas...

DrP

Well, it was just a couple of weeks ago that I was finally able to complete the Lake Loop... theres this long ascending hill halfway that is pretty hard to get through..

Surprisingly that path is part of the road where they held the Men's Road Cycling Event in the 1984 Olympics

Concerto No.20 in D minor

So I ran out of razors for my Gillette Fusion, after having it for like 2 years and I finally decided to upgrade to the Fusion Pro.  It is seriously so smooth.  Oh yeeeeeeah.

DrP

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on August 11, 2010, 10:48:20 PMSo I ran out of razors for my Gillette Fusion, after having it for like 2 years and I finally decided to upgrade to the Fusion Pro.  It is seriously so smooth.  Oh yeeeeeeah.

is the pro the battery operated one?? ive been trying out a bunch of stuff, but some never seem to really do the best job (including the normal Fusion)

Shadoninja

I just got the sound fonts for pokemon hgss to work in flstudio. fucking win.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman