The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 10, 2010, 07:31:58 PMPics, post some damn pics foo.

I shall not degrade her by putting her on a geek forum.
-

DrP

Quote from: Harvest on August 10, 2010, 08:18:47 PMI shall not degrade her by putting her on a geek forum.

i believe the term is nerd... but i may be mistaken

... and KF is just jealous Ï,,ηαÏ,, ηε ψανÏ,, φινδ Ï,,ηε ριγηÏ,, γθÏ...

Ruto

Quote from: Harvest on August 10, 2010, 08:18:47 PMI shall not degrade her by putting her on a geek forum.

Good for you but the term nerd is a lot better...Geek implies you're going to be bitch slapped by the popular girl or jock.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Oni-Link

Quote from: Harvest on August 10, 2010, 08:18:47 PMI shall not degrade her by putting her on a nerd forum.
Implying you aren't one for being here.

DrP

LATE NIGHT FISH TACOS!!!! WOOOOO!!!

Tuesday nights=really cheap tacos! Fish Wahoos is amazing (the rest of you outside of California are really missin out!)

universe-X

DrP

Quote from: universe-X on August 10, 2010, 09:48:14 PMFish tacos, you say?

I must try one.

Well, if you want Wahoos, you can go to Austin (haha)... but there isnt a Rubios (another chain) until Colorado or Arizona... you dont even have a Del Taco... in Texas?

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Ruto on August 10, 2010, 08:47:43 PMGood for you but the term nerd is a lot better...Geek implies you're going to be bitch slapped by the popular girl or jock.
Not rly.
Plus like 20% of my school is asian plus we have a bunch of kids in the IB program so lots of them are somewhat geeky or at least not stereotypical retarded jock-y.

me irl
[close]

DrP

Our school didnt have an IB program and was about 85% White... hell, there was only 1 Indian dude in our class (2 in the entire school)

But my old school was about 65% stereotypical Orange County and then there was 5% nerds, 10% jock-y dudes and the rest (i was included here) were normal with large groups of friends (my group sat on this grassy hill underneath a tree for lunch... man were we pretty sweet!)

KefkaticFanatic

Because our administration is scared of lawsuits, we have a closed campus and you aren't even allowed to eat outside.  Also we're in Portland, so it's raining or overcast 99% of the time anyway.

EDIT: GO HERE ANYONE THAT LIKES TO FIX ARRANGEMENTS http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=1921.msg66916#msg66916

me irl
[close]

Ruto

I think my graduating class in high school had about 85% Asians...most of class knew each other since there were only 108 of us, but there was this girl that kept trying to discredit me because this guy in the class was friends with me and she wanted to hit on him.  (What do we call those people??? LOL) We only had a basketball and fencing team so there weren't many jocks around. Besides the captain of the fencing team sat next to me in physics class...

We were allowed to go out for lunch, our school was around the corner from Wall Street so I guess the teachers thought it was safe enough...ironic much?

DrP

Quote from: Ruto on August 11, 2010, 09:02:16 AMI think my graduating class in high school had about 85% Asians...most of class knew each other since there were only 108 of us, but there was this girl that kept trying to discredit me because this guy in the class was friends with me and she wanted to hit on him.  (What do we call those people??? LOL) We only had a basketball and fencing team so there weren't many jocks around. Besides the captain of the fencing team sat next to me in physics class...

We were allowed to go out for lunch, our school was around the corner from Wall Street so I guess the teachers thought it was safe enough...ironic much?

Wall Street does seem safer than other places... unless you have (1) Micheal Moore there.

We couldnt go out for lunch. We even tried to present our case to the board of directors and the principal with insurance waivers when off campus and if ONE person came back late, then they ruin it for everyone. We DID only have 30 minutes and the closest fast food restaurant was 3 minutes by car. But the food was good at school, there was a station where they made specialty burritos (carnitas+beans+cheese+guacomole+daily made tortilla chips)... delicious!

Cobraroll

Wow, schools seem strange in the US.

Is it very uncommon to bring one's own food to school? The first eight-nine years of school in Norway, everybody does. In fact, the first seven years there are no other options if you want to eat (and they call your parents if you don't. Fun thing, that).

After the first nine years, you're usually free to do whatever within the limits of the law in the breaks, if you're back when the next class starts.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

yep... schools are COMPLETELY different here. the reason why we couldnt go anywhere (or even in middle school - the 6-8th or 7-8th year depending on where you are) is all based on legal issues. Everyone in Europe relies more on walking to taking the subway/metro, but here in the US, especially where I live, cars are a heavily used form of transportation. Plus, there have been some other issues recently that sealed the deal for no going off campus, you can find that on the [OC Register

Ruto

Even in the city when there's no cars, the students had to arrange a deal with the staff with going outside. We won because we didn't have a real cafeteria built in the school yet, but when one was finally built, we had to change the rules for going out again. 

I remember way back in elementary school we were allowed to go across the street to buy stuff for lunch, and the street would be blocked for those 2 hours while everyone was outside. They can't do something like that now, mostly because yuppies moved in that neighborhood and "claimed" the street.