News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 15, 2010, 07:17:32 AMI would trade an insanely hot summer for an insanely cold winter any day.
Same here. Back in Pennsylvania, the worst I had to experience was about 10-20 F -____- Yeah. And it was in 6 inch snow which was very fun to watch and play in. :D

Maretocks

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on May 15, 2010, 07:17:32 AMI would trade an insanely hot summer for an insanely cold winter any day.
Indeed.

So how about that 5-10C? Pretty cold eh? It's way too cold to get up and get my jumper.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Seeker

This is a signature.

Jamaha

Like 26°C (80 F for you fools), which is hot by finnish standards.

Maretocks

Quote from: JaMaHa on May 15, 2010, 08:24:40 AMLike 26°C (80 F for you fools), which is hot by finnish standards.
Try 40C. That is just painful. Rare tho, perhaps a week's worth in a year? But still. Summer sucks.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

ETFROXX

Quote from: Nakah on May 15, 2010, 07:10:26 AMUpstate New York.

I can experience a 70 F sunny day and a 25 F snowy day all in the same week.

So can I. In fact I have.

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

master_gamer38

I live in North Dakota, we have snow in May sometimes. Two inches of snow so far this year. The day after, it was 70 Fahrenheit.
Not to mention we get below -40 degrees without windchill, sometimes in the winter.

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 15, 2010, 06:40:49 AMNone of you, with the likely exception of JaMaHa, have ever experienced winter.

I KNOW I have experienced winter.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

mantis985

Quote from: Cobraroll on May 15, 2010, 06:40:49 AMNone of you, with the likely exception of JaMaHa, have ever experienced winter.

I live in Buffalo. First snowed last october.  It snowed last week.   

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Maretocks on May 15, 2010, 08:25:53 AMTry 40C. That is just painful. Rare tho, perhaps a week's worth in a year? But still. Summer sucks.
Average day for about half the year here is 35C(95F for pansies). Plus it feels like its 40C with the humidity.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

ETFROXX

Quote from: mantis985 on May 15, 2010, 10:28:55 AMI live in Buffalo. First snowed last october.  It snowed last week.   

I live in Buffalo /county/. Fun eh?

Cobraroll

I don't think so. We can take it chronologically. All temperatures in Celsius.

First, you wake up with lovely 35 degrees in your bed, and 10 degrees in the rest of the room. Also, it's pretty dark at this time (that's part of the winter charm, folks! Eight hours of sunlight every day - if you live down south). You'll have to dress in two layers of clothing to keep warm indoors (three if you count the underwear).

Then, walking to school. As we speak "insanely cold winter", I guess we're in the vicinity of -35 degrees here. That means, another two layers of clothing. You can barely move, but have to walk for half an hour. It's still dark (will be for another two hours), so you'll have to use reflectors not to be run over by cars. You'll also have to cover your face to avoid frostbites (whatever you cover it with will be very damp because of your breath, and later freeze). Your toes and fingers WILL be cold the first ten minutes or so. You'll either be wading in snow or balancing on a very slippery surface here. If you get sweaty, the clothes will be icy the next time you wear them.

Once you get back inside, time to get those clothes off. Your face feels scolded, and your shoes and pants are wet (or will be, when the snow melts). If you use glasses, they will be covered in dew the first minute or so. It's easier to catch a cold with all the damp clothes around, and the great temperature differences.

The electricity bill is another fun little detail.

Combine it all with the partial or total lack of sunlight, add wind as you please, and you'll be longing for summer before a week. You'll be staying inside most of the time too, so you better have a good Internet connection, plenty of good books, or lots of TV channels.

Believe me.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

dahans

Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Dude

Just installed all my WADs ;D
* Dude plays SMRPG on the Wii

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]