The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

razer84

Hugo, was the event called 'Festival'? because my school goes to our district's Festival every year (and we always get straight Superiors  ;D) and what you described sounds just like it.

damn commies.

HugoMeister

Judication Festival maybe?

That's what we called it.

And yes, strings make EVERYTHING bettter. I wish I had a recording of us...

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

evilsqueaky

I believe my band has played that before.

Quote from: Akiro on April 10, 2008, 03:05:29 PMStrings are always better :p

Not necessarily, it depends on the band. For example, my junior high band was absolutely amazing. Everything sounded so good. As long as there's good dynamic contrast and tone quality, a band is extremely good, better than strings in my opinion. However, the vast majority of bands have way too many people and the band director doesn't tell their students to have good dynamics.

This description reminds me of my band experience. As I said, my junior high band was really good; the best in the state. Now, the high school band (top level included) is worse than the junior high band. No joke. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who notices that and the rest of the band members think we're some great band. Plus, most of the people are obsessed with the director and stuff (it's kinda hard to explain) to the point where it's practically a cult. Next year, I'm leaving band because of the band and the band director's immaturity and because I need to take other electives.

Now, that was way too long for a thought of the moment. Don't think I'm giving you a lecture, Akiro.

Akiro

I was just saying because strings do make things sound better when you are doing orchestrations  :P

B-Kpianist

has anyone... ever lost their best friend (not icluding when you leave highschool)

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Akiro

Quote from: B-Kpianist on April 10, 2008, 10:10:32 PMhas anyone... ever lost their best friend (not icluding when you leave highschool)
One moved to Kanas, one moved to a different house.
Known them since:   ^ 1st Grade                           ^Kindergarden

B-Kpianist

Oh- well me and my friend dont talk anymore cuz of this stupid crap... sigh.... oh well, what can u do?

HugoMeister

Quote from: B-Kpianist on April 10, 2008, 10:10:32 PMhas anyone... ever lost their best friend (not icluding when you leave highschool)

I have. I knew him for 7 years, then one day I moved to where I live now and I never saw him again.

Yeah, it sucks. I got over it though.

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

KefkaticFanatic

Wow. If you really were friends you would at least use email.

My new pupper :D

EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its not showing.

EDIT AGAIN: hay look, it works.

me irl
[close]

B-Kpianist

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Sry- i have a soft spot for animals

Random and Old:
Watch this Vid
Old vid, but i dont care, im bored...

Harvest

Through elementary school I had a best friend and a whole group of friends.  Then when grade seven started we went separate ways.  We were both high achievers and good students in elementary, I stayed that way, he started skipping classes among other things.

I left them because they started to hang out with what I would call "the wrong crowd"

Now I have new, awesome friends!  hooray!
-

KefkaticFanatic

You could also just say "the crowd that in 4 years will be living in a tiny apartment, working at a gas station, and quickly running out of money.  Or in jail for doing drugs."

me irl
[close]

razer84

i had a group of 3 (4 including me) friends all through elementary school, but we ended up going to different middle schools. i still keep in touch with them, but it's not the same  :-\

damn commies.

evilsqueaky

I lost my best friend who is my next door neighbor. Ever since I was 3, I had so much fun with a group of 5. We did everything together. Then, a really mean girl moved in nearby who had a strong dislike towards me. She started telling nasty rumors about me and everyone turned against me. By second grade, I had lost all of my friends. In third grade, I became friends with this kid who was nice to me. Unfortunately he was mean to everyone else. By fifth grade, people started to enjoy my presence. My best friend was really angry, because he wanted to be my only friend. I dumped him in 5th grade. I started making a ton of friends and by 7th grade, I actually became quite popular. Today I am still quite popular, but some of my good friends have moved. I still see the group of friends that abandoned me (they're my neighbors) and I see the friend I abandoned. I haven't spoken to him since 6th grade.

I'm really angry. WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO SPEAK TWICE IN THE DEBATE!! I had so much to say, but my teacher refused to call on me...