News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Maretocks

Just found a SM64 copy with original box on Ebay for $15. It has 20 hours and no bids. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

Whoa, now that's a deal.

If the person were smart enough he would've held it and sold it for a lot more in the future.

That's what I'm gonna do with my N64 and my Banjo-Kazooie.

KefkaticFanatic

I still have my N64, Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and Banjo Tooie.

No boxes, but the manuals for all of them.

Yay.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

No manuals or boxes for me. Just a drawer to keep the PS2, N64 and all its cables, the Wii remotes connected to nunchuks, an SMG box, and some CDs for the PS2.

Don't really look at most of it anymore.

Also, just finished SSBB Main Theme on Mario Paint. It's epic while still being a fail.

Maretocks

*Sigh* Once when I was about 10, I sold my (unknown to me at the time) limited-edition Pokemon N64, 2 controllers (standard green and Pokemon yellow), RAM expansion pak, all leads and cables, Banjo K-azooie and Banjo-Tooie, for $40.

Quote from: universe-X on March 19, 2010, 10:16:57 PMWhoa, now that's a deal.

If the person were smart enough he would've held it and sold it for a lot more in the future.

That's what I'm gonna do with my N64 and my Banjo-Kazooie.
I'm thinking about something like this, but I'm also weary for what happened last time.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

$40!?!?!?  You should've sold it now for $360!

about $30 for each game, and $200 for the system. $300 because it's limited edition and pokemon-customized. That had better be a good friend you sold it to.

Maretocks

Quote from: universe-X on March 19, 2010, 11:02:42 PM$40!?!?!?  You should've sold it now for $360!

about $30 for each game, and $200 for the system. $300 because it's limited edition and pokemon-customized. That had better be a good friend you sold it to.
...it was EBay. :'(
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Cobraroll

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 19, 2010, 05:04:40 PMWhat happened to us? Where did it all go wrong? I guess it started sometime during the Industrial Revolution but then again that's just when it began to fully claim society. Progress sped up so fast that it just couldn't control itself. We were so busy with our day to day lives in this newly built society of speed that we consequentially turned our backs on the world.

The scientific era that soon followed just made it worse. To try to understand how things worked, we came up with theories and questions that could be solved to no end. Questions and mysteries that had no need to be solved, no practical use what-so ever. We composed theories that could not be proved, and as we tried to prove them, it just gave us more questions with no practical use. And as we tried to get a better understanding up the world, we ended up beginning to destroy it it the name of science and exploration of the natural world. But we betrayed the natural world long ago, when greed and desire took over our lives.

Men are poisoned by their vast numbers of desires; whether it be money, knowledge, or power. They destroy all who get in their way to fulfill these desires, and as so, they destroy themselves. We have planted the seeds to our own destruction in the most fertile of soil. Its roots will spread quickly.

[/thought of the moment]

Hmm.... I see where you are going there, but I disagree on a few points.

We have stumbled into the age of technology. The industrial revolution was a step into a dark room, we didn't know what we headed into, and we hit our toe badly against a metaphorical table leg. We've been hopping around since then, trying to regain balance and find the light switch, but we've knocked over a lot of furniture in the process. On the other hand, though, we've started to get a certain idea on what the room looks like and what's in it (mostly by bumping into things).

Science has carefully drawn a map of the dark room, we soon know what the world is like, and how stuff works. Blind delusions of the past have been overthrown, it's time to see the room for what it is, not blindly trust the old label on the door. Thanks to "the answers with no practical use", we can combat diseases, stand against disasters, and generally improve the quality of living. We might have stood against the natural world in the process, but we've risen to our feet by doing so, and now we can see what we have done and stop it in time.

There has always been greed and hunger for money and power. But knowledge is slowly putting a dampener on that. We can communicate now, across the world, and we can find out if we want to know anything. In the times where a tyrannical dogma controls society, the conditions of living are at the worst (medieval Europe, Sovjet Russia, North Korea), and greed is at the greatest. Freedom, sense and understanding are emerging from the dark. Our eyes are adjusted to the darkness, and we can start to see what this room contains, and repair the things we've broke by jumping wildly around. We are a few steps away from knocking over something heavy that might fall over us, but at least we know it's there.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 19, 2010, 05:04:40 PMWhat happened to us? Where did it all go wrong? I guess it started sometime during the Industrial Revolution but then again that's just when it began to fully claim society. Progress sped up so fast that it just couldn't control itself. We were so busy with our day to day lives in this newly built society of speed that we consequentially turned our backs on the world.

The scientific era that soon followed just made it worse. To try to understand how things worked, we came up with theories and questions that could be solved to no end. Questions and mysteries that had no need to be solved, no practical use what-so ever. We composed theories that could not be proved, and as we tried to prove them, it just gave us more questions with no practical use. And as we tried to get a better understanding up the world, we ended up beginning to destroy it it the name of science and exploration of the natural world. But we betrayed the natural world long ago, when greed and desire took over our lives.

Men are poisoned by their vast numbers of desires; whether it be money, knowledge, or power. They destroy all who get in their way to fulfill these desires, and as so, they destroy themselves. We have planted the seeds to our own destruction in the most fertile of soil. Its roots will spread quickly.

[/thought of the moment]

tl;dr, capitalism

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Maretocks

I can't stand sleeping in past 10.

The SM64 auction I found finishes in 2 hours and it hasn't got any bids! :D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

Or, use Project 64 and hook up a controller.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Just wondering, name of the controller? I haven't used Project 64 in years and I wanna get back into it.

Please no lmgtfy... please.