The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

Quote from: universe-X on March 18, 2010, 08:07:05 PMJust came back from Galveston and my first ferry ride. It was fun! :D
Ferry's are loud.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

Maretocks

Quote from: Maretocks on March 18, 2010, 10:53:38 PMFerries are loud.
*Facepalm*

The one I was on had what sounded like an external engine. The entire two-hour trip I spent listening to a loud, low, grinding sound. :(

Anyone else think the Tetris theme sounds kinda like Hungarian Dance No. 5?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Harvest

lame

silly booking error caused my drivers test to be rescheduled.

really lame.

Huge waste of time..
-

Cobraroll

I was called in for military service in January next year, meaning that I would have to postpone my studies for two years. However, I managed to change that to starting in August. Now, I only have to wait one year for studies!

On the other hand, that means I'll have to change division. Look up "Troms" to see how far to the north I am going. I don't exactly look forward to military training in those temperatures. For a year.

Also, that means I'll be leaving in August, which again means I probably won't manage to finish Emergence before I leave. Though, I promise it will be finished within reasonable time (within two years, at least).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

universe-X

Quote from: Maretocks on March 19, 2010, 01:57:10 AMAnyone else think the Tetris theme sounds kinda like Hungarian Dance No. 5?

I think it sounds a little more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxlujC8A004

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

universe-X

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

universe-X

Maretocks

They're the exact same song!

Also:

No. No, no no no no! YOUTUBE HAS ADVERTISING IN ITS VIDEOS!
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

What happened to us? Where did it all go wrong? I guess it started sometime during the Industrial Revolution but then again that's just when it began to fully claim society. Progress sped up so fast that it just couldn't control itself. We were so busy with our day to day lives in this newly built society of speed that we consequentially turned our backs on the world.

The scientific era that soon followed just made it worse. To try to understand how things worked, we came up with theories and questions that could be solved to no end. Questions and mysteries that had no need to be solved, no practical use what-so ever. We composed theories that could not be proved, and as we tried to prove them, it just gave us more questions with no practical use. And as we tried to get a better understanding up the world, we ended up beginning to destroy it it the name of science and exploration of the natural world. But we betrayed the natural world long ago, when greed and desire took over our lives.

Men are poisoned by their vast numbers of desires; whether it be money, knowledge, or power. They destroy all who get in their way to fulfill these desires, and as so, they destroy themselves. We have planted the seeds to our own destruction in the most fertile of soil. Its roots will spread quickly.

[/thought of the moment]

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

universe-X

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]