News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

Galaxy is so easy that it's boring.  That's my problem with it.  Sunshine was great though.  Really fucking obnoxiously hard at times though.

me irl
[close]

Davey

I've never finished a legit mario game.
Sure, Paper Mario. I've beaten the entire series. Fun games.

dahans

Quote from: universe-X on December 30, 2009, 07:46:32 PMWAY easier than SM64 (which I have only completed about 53 stars with as of now). But, I only wanted to beat the game, and I did, so I might as well just leave it done with.

Just saw Avatar, and it is THE best Sci-Fi movie that I have ever seen. Highly recommend watching it. Some scenes were pretty captivating.
WAY easier? I have beaten the game 10 times so far, since it's such an amazing game. I played it the very first time at the age of 6. Galaxy was (IMO) much more difficult.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Cobraroll

Luigi's Purple Coins is evil. Thanks.

As for the 3D Mario games... you can't beat 64, and 64 was the hardest of them. The nostalgia factor is sky high here. The music was awesome as well.

What I liked about Sunshine was the element of free exploration, that Galaxy and to some extent SM64 lacked. On most levels, you could do everything but gong for the star, just relaxing around, trying to pull off cool tricks (I was 12 at the time...), or generally just have fun. The hardest part of the game must have been the Secret levels, and all the searching you had to do for blue coins. Some of the stars would also have been mighty hard to find without a walkthrough (Secret star in Pianta Village, cough cough).

Galaxy is a piece of art. Visually, it's epic, creativity has been the priority, and the music is beautiful. However, the worlds (galaxies) seem to have been tailored for the stars, not as in Sunshine where the stars have had to fit into the world. Each level is also concentrated too much around the star in question, there are virtually no levels where you freely can explore the galaxy. You enter it, and have nothing to do except for finding the star. And even though the Comet Observatory is cool, it's not the same as exploring Peach's Castle or Delfino Plaza. Sorry to say. The enemies and characters are cool here as well, the new powers are great, and all in all it's a fantastic game, though it lacks the freedom of the two previous games.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Original Super Mario Bros.= Only Mario game I've ever beaten and probably ever will beat.

Im just not a big mario fan. I like Kirby better(obviously). But Kirby games are a little too easy except for The Amazing Mirror, which was actually pretty challenging. But they're still really fun.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Harvest

ha...another new years with no plans...

I guess I /need/ a cell phone.

fuck.
-

Jamaha

Harvest: Yup, another shooting. 3 miles from my apartment as well.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Seeker

This is a signature.

universe-X

Harvest

Quote from: JaMaHa on December 31, 2009, 09:55:39 AMHarvest: Yup, another shooting. 3 miles from my apartment as well.

Get your damn guns under control!

What is this, the third one since I've know you?
-

universe-X

Harvest, just wondering, how did you become a part of NSM Staff/

Jamaha

Third one, yes.

And Universe, he hangs out on IRC.

EDIT: First!

universe-X

Davey