News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? Visit the Help Guides forum for some tips!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvest

A good 90% of my posts are probably in this topic.
-

KefkaticFanatic

Why has there been nothing worth replying to in the past 3 pages or so.

me irl
[close]

GreekGeek

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 12, 2009, 11:19:49 PMWhy has there been nothing worth replying to in the past 3 pages or so.

Because you haven't come by :)

Davey

ONE MAN
ONE MISSION
280 BIOLOGY VOCABULARY DEFINITIONS
NO PENS
NO PENCILS
NO PAPER
NO DICTIONARIES
FINAL DESTINATION

Seeker

I can finally play Asturias perfectly. Four days before the exam. Cutting it close there..
This is a signature.

SuperFireKirby

I'm feeling quite asian today. And I'm going to see Less Than Jake in 2 hours. It's gonna be awesome. But still, no one knows who they are.'sigh'

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Fucking IB.

Lit essay RD due Tuesday
History essay due Monday
Physics test Tuesday
Physics group project due tomorrow

AND IN ADDITION

Mock trial for a Law class on Thursday.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Just wondering...

Kefka, do you own an emulator? Specifically FCEUX?

KefkaticFanatic

You don't own emulators.

And I could get one whenever I wanted to, I just don't play them too often.

me irl
[close]

universe-X

::) Wow, do you have an emulator?

Is that better?

And I'm guessing you do but you don't. Right? Because I need help on how to get SMB2j to work on mine.

KefkaticFanatic

Have you tried multiple ROM files from different sources?  That's probably the issue.

Also, since when was I tech support Jesus?  First I have some random dude emailing me about MUS files and now you

me irl
[close]

universe-X

Lawl, actually, in another topic, i said that around you, i feel like such a noob. :P And this rom says that its missing a BIOS image. Plus, this is the only non killer rom i could find. But, yeah you just seem like the person to go to 4 this.

Dude

MasterPenguin knows stuff about SNES emus, I'm not sure if he knows about NES though.

Harvest

Watching a movie from the 80s, example The Terminator upconverted to 1080p playing at 120hz with surround sound is like watching an entirely different movie.  Watching in standard makes it feel like yeah, this movie was filmed over 20 years ago.  With 120hz...it feels like you're inside a movie that just came out...

*faints
-

universe-X

^ you're really hyping up this new tv of yours, huh?  ::)

Found 5 interesting glitches today while playing SMB/ making a freerun of it, some were probably found before me.

1) The walljump, needless to explain.

2) The flagpole glitch: in 8-2 when a bullet bill shoots out and is close to the flagpole's block level, and the bullet and the block are a few "inches" apart, Mario can jump on the bullet, move back and somehow go inside the block and up so the flag doesn't have to move. Good time saver, and if you're good, Mario will just hit the pole and fall back, already starting the timecounter to decrease. (When you hit the flag, the only thing that matters is when the time counter hits 000, not music, etc.) Already found and can be done without the bill.

3) Ground glitch. Sometimes when you jump on a goomba, I guess twice, small mario can glitch through the ground and fall and start walking under "ground level" until there's open area in front of him, then you can jump to prevent not living. Probably already found.

4+5) Swimming/running glitch: Only possible on an emulator. You can walk backwards by pressing right, them left at the same time. You can't run this way, but you can swim. And with this, I'm proud to say I've found my own glitch in 8-4. If you press A enough times per second while swimming and a wall is right above your head, you start to glitch into it, and suddenly... You can walk through walls! But, this can be a real ass if you're stuck and you don't have a Blooper to help get you out.

6) SMB has 3 levels of backgounds: A front, back and middle, I think. Front lets Mario walk in front of everything, but sometimes with a flagpole glitch, you can get behing the middle background, so if there's a hill or tree, you can't see Mario.

Here's a video that has almost all the above glitches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPPLDBQqbDU