News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 19, 2021, 03:57:44 AMPlayed some Pokémon Sword recently (actually finished the game yesterday). And is it just me or do I feel like hyper beam is kind of... bad. I used to think that it was sort of a OP move that you got at later levels because it was so strong, and that you had to recharge because again it was so strong. But now when I tried it in pokémon sword, it feels a bit underwhelming. As you have to recharge it after using it. And since it's a normal type move it has not types it's super effective against only types it's weak to. Sure it's a strong move, but still doesn't feel that good (which I used to think it was).
...you just realized?

Adaptability Choice Specs Porygon-Z has a niche use of Hyper Beam in certain metas (usually 1v1s), but other than that it's not the best.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Tobbeh99

Some time ago I decided to start my own store and make money on selling sheet music, rather than just having it as a hobby. i decided to talk a bit about it, after some having been doing so in a while.

One intressting thing about it is that I've realized, which I maybe didn't think as much of before. That music itself, and also just arranging as a hobby feels way more important than all the money you can earn. Also people love (in form of positive comments and praise) is also way more important I find.

Although when I started I was a bit annoyed, thinking that I worked hard (both with my music sheets and my youtube channel) but not earning anything. And as I was good at making sheet music, it lead me to the thought of earning money selling sheet music. So I started the shop (after a ton of time checking out different web site services). And well I didn't earn that much. But it definetly felt rewarding earning some money, and a bit as a "carrot", encourage you to make more sheet music and more music.

I haven't made that much money, and won't go plus (most likely) this year (my website subscription being the cost). But it definetly was kind of fun making own money, even though I didn't earn much.   

But after all I also did notice that money wasn't all I was after, and that peoples positive praise as well as the joy of music itself was more what I liked. People have sometimes called me an not-materialistic person, who don't care much about materialistic stuff and money and such, which I also have thought I kind of was, but also thought it had with political bias (having a lot left-leaning people around me influensing me), and I was concerned when starting to sell whether I was either greedy trying to make money, or was overly generous by offereing everything for free. But now I guess I know a bit that it wasn't just political bias (money and rich = bad) that I was a bit non-materialistic, but that I didn't see it as that important.

But I think it can be good to know the option of earning money, even though you don't have to try to make money out of everything (something I don't recomend), if you feel like. I find myself more into charging people when I've put a lot of work into something as it feels more "legit" and more "earned" then, rather than just charge for eveything. And I maybe also think about when you're doing work if it feels ok or if you feel overly generous, like doing everything for free. Especially if you're very good at something/put a lot of work into something. But, at the end of the day, it's up to oneself to decidede whether to do something commercial or as a hobby.  :)

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

swimswamit

You ever wait to start a 20 page paper till the day before it is due

BlackDragonSlayer

No, but this year I had to make a presentation meant for 4-5 people all by myself :')
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

I'm thinking about getting a new pfp for the forums, but idk what to use.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

swimswamit

E. Gadd Industries

I mean, yeah. I've had it for so long now X)) I'd say I'll just keep it,  but it was fun to think about alternatives for a bit
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Winter

Quote from: Harvest on April 25, 2021, 07:36:28 AMCan't believe I remembered my password to get in here.

I'm 28 now and haven't touched a piano in 10+ years, time really does go quickly. The site looks awesome though, keep it up guys.

I'm right there with you, 28 now and I haven't touched my piano in 5 years or so, I've just stuck around and helped in less musical ways.

Also, nice seeing a familiar name! How are things?

universe-X

Harvest

Quote from: Winter on February 12, 2022, 10:46:49 PMI'm right there with you, 28 now and I haven't touched my piano in 5 years or so, I've just stuck around and helped in less musical ways.

Also, nice seeing a familiar name! How are things?

Wow it's been so long. I remember chatting with you back in the day. Did we once have like a video call of some kind like 12 years ago together? or did my brain invent that? I have this vague memory of that happening once.

Also I'm 29 now :'(
-

Maelstrom

me: I wish the forums wouldn't be a ghost town
also me: only uses discord

Libera

[Insert virgin discord user, chad forum lurker meme.]

BlueKirby

pfp is by me

My MuseScore

play len'en and kid icarus uprising

Libera