News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreekGeek

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 20, 2009, 08:56:15 AMAny ideas of what I should do now? that would be greatly appreciated.

Any family you can move to? Or friends you can stay for a while, while seeking a new shelter?

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 20, 2009, 08:56:15 AMHey guys, guess what?

I'm Homeless!!!

Any ideas of what I should do now? that would be greatly appreciated.

Like JaMaHa said, why?
And I'd take you in if I could, Brassman, but I can't...

KefkaticFanatic

Cobra: I was wondering what they were building, I was there a few months ago.  If it's done by next year then I'll probably go on it.

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

^Should be done by next year. It doesn't have a block brake system, and a cable lift (like this is using) is relatively simple technology, so they shouldn't run into too many problems... (*glances at Universal Studios Florida*)
Expect queues, though, a capacity of 1350 pph isn't overly much (highest on any coaster so far is 3500). But with a drop like that, it's worth it for the back seat.

And Brassman, I feel a little bad for screaming out my enthusiasm and overlooking your problems, so I'll try to scrape together something that may help.
First, how do you do at the moment? Day-to-day-living? Do you still go to school, or do you work somewhere? Do you have any relatives you can go to? Friends? And how did you get into that situation in the first place?

Sorry, that was a lot of questions. But until we know the problem, it's kinda hard to find the solution. The most essential thing is, don't lose your hope. Use what you have, and play on your strengths, and you'll do fine. We're all behind you in this.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

If Brassman is homeless, how is he accessing the internet?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Seeker

This is a signature.

Brassman388

And stores that offer free wifi, amazing thing isn't it?

Anyways, how I became homeless is simple.

My brothers were coming home one night from an all night drinking session with their friends. They heard me having a simple argument about me and how I'm going to pay for college. They didn't like it, so they forced me out. They were drunk, but that was enough to get me pretty frustrated. So, I left. Now my mother is trying to get me back home and I wont accept. College is still the main thing that I want to do, so if my brothers are going to try and stop me, I wont stay. I plan on going to california if nothing works. Hopefully by that time, I'll have a job and a place to live. And even as a bonus, I could arrange.

So again, any ideas? I would particularly not like to starve to death. If that's a consideration of someone thinking of. It would be helpful.

Davey

Get a job
sleep in boiler room
? ?? ?
PROFIT!

SirIngusBingus

Are you done with High School? If so, then it's probably a good idea to head off to college. You might have some trouble getting into a college in your situation, but you should try.

However, it isn't a good idea to sever all ties with your family. I know you'd hate to go back, but your brothers might think differently when sober. I would suggest you go back home only long enough to settle things with your family, then get to a college, find a job, and live there.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but looking to the future, you'd be putting yourself through some extremely hard times if you cut things off with your family. College isn't cheap, and neither is a home. I just can't see any other way around this...

Dalonzo

Quote from: SirIngusBingus on August 20, 2009, 06:40:20 PMHowever, it isn't a good idea to sever all ties with your family. I know you'd hate to go back, but your brothers might think differently when sober. I would suggest you go back home only long enough to settle things with your family, then get to a college, find a job, and live there.

Although that is true, he might just sever them temporarily, for the meanwhile, at least maybe until he has cleared his mind. And another thing to note is that forgiving does not mean forget, and even if they can come to an arrangement, it could potentially happen again.

In my humble opinion, having gone through a similar situation, I think that if you have the resources to do it yourself, do it, take the risk, it'll make you a lot more mature than you are now, and help you realize that aside from your family (in some cases) no one really cares about your well-being but yourself. On the other side, if you can't pull it off, then don't do it, and sacrifice those kinds of situations for a good education. It's a give-and-take kind of deal.

Although I don't understand how a conversation of you taking care of your own expenses can turn ill and asplode. (in my social circle the reaction is more of a 'good for you' kind of thing.

SirIngusBingus

Quote from: Dalonzo on August 20, 2009, 07:37:38 PMno one really cares about your well-being but yourself.
:-[ I care about Brassman's wellbeing.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Brassman388 on August 20, 2009, 05:38:24 PMNow my mother is trying to get me back home and I wont accept.

Yeah, try using some common sense and actually realise the situation you're in.

me irl
[close]

Jamaha

SuperFireKirby

My older brother left for college today. WOOT.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!