News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

This is so random, but I'm using my Wii U to send this message! It's much easier than 3ds.

mikey

unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

I'm just realizing now how bad YouTube was on the wii u compared to the switch. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. The lag is awful, it sometimes keeps repeating the beginning, the load time takes longer. The switch is just so good, although I think it's so sad that they removed miiverse, I really wish they didn't.

SlowPokemon

Oh yeah.

If there are any sci-fi/anime fans here, I recommend Steins;Gate Elite for Switch. It's basically a playable anime—they took the old VN and animated the entire thing. It has a great time travel plot too, if you can deal with a few slower-paced introductory chapters.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

Obligatory post about the original version looking  better and more colorful instead of flat and lifeless like elite.

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 03, 2019, 11:33:33 AMObligatory post about the original version looking  better and more colorful instead of flat and lifeless like elite.

This post is obnoxious

Quote from: mikey on March 03, 2019, 12:20:36 PM[ ]great
[ ]time travel plot

pick one

Normally I feel the same way, but Steins;Gate takes a long time setting up the actual science behind theoretical time travel and does really interesting things with it. It's really pretty fantastic.

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 03, 2019, 11:33:33 AMObligatory post about the original version looking  better and more colorful instead of flat and lifeless like elite.

Agreed.  The original art style is really cool, but I realise that it wouldn't have worked in an anime so they couldn't really keep it.  However, I don't really see why the visual novel needed redoing in the same style as the anime when the original looks nicer.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 03, 2019, 01:03:32 PMNormally I feel the same way, but Steins;Gate takes a long time setting up the actual science behind theoretical time travel and does really interesting things with it. It's really pretty fantastic.
hmmm
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 03, 2019, 01:03:32 PMThis post is obnoxious
I mean I guess so. You can't do much to change my opinion though. What a VN needs is colorful and high detailed art, not motion. At least, in my opinion.

Quote from: mikey on March 03, 2019, 01:15:17 PMhmmm
It's honestly pretty great. If you don't have the time for a VN, the anime works just fine. Steins;Gate Elite is essentially the anime with the game's script, but the playback pauses whenever there's descriptions or internal thoughts. The original version is in standard VN format, but is also not on as many consoles nor on switch in particular.

Bobbythekid21

Sorry, I'm a little confused... What does "VN" stand for?
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

Bobbythekid21

333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 03, 2019, 02:52:47 PMI mean I guess so. You can't do much to change my opinion though. What a VN needs is colorful and high detailed art, not motion. At least, in my opinion.
It's honestly pretty great. If you don't have the time for a VN, the anime works just fine. Steins;Gate Elite is essentially the anime with the game's script, but the playback pauses whenever there's descriptions or internal thoughts. The original version is in standard VN format, but is also not on as many consoles nor on switch in particular.

They also produced a LOT of new animation for the endings that were cut. Also like, the clips are all edited to match up with the text and voice. It's really cool honestly, like playing an anime.