News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

It's not the best, but it's still not a bad game, msf.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

Quote from: BrainyLucario on October 13, 2017, 12:24:11 AMI found a copy of Super Mario 64 yesterday. Tried it out today and can happily say it works. Now I have Three games for my 64, along with Goldeneye and Mario Kart
My family only ever bought 2 games for our Nintendo 64: Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing. We did rent some games, though.

Tobbeh99

I remember really disliking Undertale before. And I've come up with why, apart from other big game titles not winning that contest at gamefaqs. I don't only dislike it, there are certain things I like about it, so it's kind of a mix. The biggest reason I dislike it is because of how the game is because it feels like such a "mother/parent-game" because of how it wants to teach you to "be nice and not hurt other people". And I just hate that! It's like the game's saying "what a bad person you've been playing video-games where kill monsters and other things. You're really a bad person". Although I like how the game has that emotional feel to, but I don't like how it "want's you to play". And the design is also a mix. I like the music, but I don't like that "indie-game feel". It's like the game wants to be smaller than it is. And all indie-games seem to be that. Trying to stick out, wanting you to think that they're so cool or something, being completely different from the "mainstream games". But honestly it just makes them look dumb, like some weird abstract modern art. And all the memes are also kind of funny but also kind of not... because it really adds to the game being "more playable" just at this time, and not in the future like 5 years from now. So it kind of is a mix... Don't think it deserves that Gamefaqs win, was just lucky to be big at that particular time.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

That GameFAQs win was fueled by trolling and salt lmao
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

yeah, screw all those dumb hipster games, thinking they're so cool and unique because they do something different

fuck that
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

swimswamit

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 13, 2017, 01:10:02 PMI remember really disliking Undertale before. And I've come up with why, apart from other big game titles not winning that contest at gamefaqs. I don't only dislike it, there are certain things I like about it, so it's kind of a mix. The biggest reason I dislike it is because of how the game is because it feels like such a "mother/parent-game" because of how it wants to teach you to "be nice and not hurt other people". And I just hate that! It's like the game's saying "what a bad person you've been playing video-games where kill monsters and other things. You're really a bad person". Although I like how the game has that emotional feel to, but I don't like how it "want's you to play". And the design is also a mix. I like the music, but I don't like that "indie-game feel". It's like the game wants to be smaller than it is. And all indie-games seem to be that. Trying to stick out, wanting you to think that they're so cool or something, being completely different from the "mainstream games". But honestly it just makes them look dumb, like some weird abstract modern art. And all the memes are also kind of funny but also kind of not... because it really adds to the game being "more playable" just at this time, and not in the future like 5 years from now. So it kind of is a mix... Don't think it deserves that Gamefaqs win, was just lucky to be big at that particular time.
all the reasons you dislike it are the reaons I love indie games, that's just part of different people's tastes. To me they feel like abstract art that actually makes sense.

But yes, that gamefaq's contest was terrible and should have no standing towards the game being considered good, hopefully no one took that competition too serious.

Dekkadeci

I'm now having visions of what characters might have been added to the Smash Bros 4 roster if the Smash Ballot were held in 2016 instead. Yeah, I'm imagining a huge number of people voting for Undertale characters (possibly also from Europe--I've listened to several Undertale music remixes from Japanese remixers, and I've heard of a Hebrew translation in the works, so I suspect that the Undertale fandom has crossed even more borders). Bayonetta still has a fair chance of winning if the European Undertale fandom isn't loud enough, but if an Undertale character would win instead, I'd be praying very hard that the only one they accept is Undyne--although I'm having horrific visions that Sans may be added instead (despite his being almost always too lazy to fight, even if you kill his brother).

Dudeman

The theory I heard as to why Bayonetta was chosen for Smash (regardless of her placing 1st in the European vote) was that all they had to do was literally copy-paste her model and animations directly from her game(s). Remember how they specifically said she was 1st among "realizable" characters? Everybody assumed that just meant not joke characters, but I'd be willing to bet that was Nintendo-speak for "she took the least amount of effort to implement."
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ZeldaFan

I feel melancholy.
I wish I was a better artist.
Why is it that none of my crushes ever like me back??
I get to see my best friend again tomorrow! We'll be discussing plans for the next few months, hopefully we can get it sorted out.

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Trasdegi

Quote from: swimswamit on October 12, 2017, 04:53:10 PMagh I need to buy that game so badly

Anyone bought it off the e-store and seen how large a download it was? Probably need to go to a larger SD card sooner or later..

I just checked and it's not that big, only ~600MB

swimswamit

Thanks, that's much better than I expected

Dudeman

Oh hey ZF, sorry to see you're feeling a little down. Don't sweat it! I'm sure everything's going to turn out great for you.

Dude

Quote from: Dudeman on October 14, 2017, 10:37:01 AMOh hey ZF, sorry to see you're feeling a little down. Don't sweat it! I'm sure everything's going to turn out great for you.
http://jake-clark.tumblr.com/post/160248753622

Tobbeh99

Finished Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Really really great game! I highly recommend it to anyone! Easily one of the best ps1 games!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ZeldaFan on October 14, 2017, 12:28:15 AMI feel melancholy.
I wish I was a better artist.
Why is it that none of my crushes ever like me back??
I get to see my best friend again tomorrow! We'll be discussing plans for the next few months, hopefully we can get it sorted out.
:(
We still love you ZF!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber