News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

I always thought of it as "Lehh-vee." With the first part rhyming with "bleh" or "meh."
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

what even is this planet I live on

It always has been and always will be "Lee-vie," and I have no idea where this other pronunciation came from. Seriously, this is a pretty common name.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

I ain't familiar with no Levi's but I goddamn sure am familiar with L's

E. Gadd Industries

XDD I love it how we've been discussing how to pronounce Levi's name for a good page now
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:52:12 PMwhat even is this planet I live on

It always has been and always will be "Lee-vie," and I have no idea where this other pronunciation came from. Seriously, this is a pretty common name.
I pronounced it Lehvee because I didn't realize it was the name Levi. I just thought it was gibberish he made up. I know Levi the name is pronounced Leevai.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:52:12 PMwhat even is this planet I live on

Literally this lol Levi's Jeans hello?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:52:12 PMSeriously, this is a pretty common name.

Not around these parts, it isn't.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 14, 2017, 06:23:37 PMLiterally this lol Levi's Jeans hello?

Never heard of it.

Also "Lee-vie" does not sound nearly as good as "Lehh-vee"
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

dudeman is right everyone go home

Anyway, I thought I was the dictionary definition of chaotic neutral
unmotivated

Dudeman

Nah, you're neutral evil. Slight difference.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

InsigTurtle

I was gonna say "wait, but 'lee' rhymes with 'vie'" because whoops I use the French 'vie' wayyy more than the English 'vie'. This is where the IPA comes in handy, y'all. Pronunciation disputes and such.

Anyway, I know it's pronounced /liːvaɪ/ but it really ain't a popular name where I live. I know a thousand Kevins and Michaels but not a single Levi. Perhaps it's due to the demographics here. After all, half of my city *is* Chinese.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 14, 2017, 07:01:55 PMAnyway, I know it's pronounced /liːvaɪ/ but it really ain't a popular name where I live. I know a thousand Kevins and Michaels but not a single Levi. Perhaps it's due to the demographics here. After all, half of my city *is* Chinese.

literally same omg

why do they always name their kids Kevin WHY I DON'T GET IT

LeviR.star

Aw, thanks, you guys!

Quote from: Dudeman on August 14, 2017, 03:03:55 PMIt's wingardium leviRstar, not wingardium levirSTAR.

I hereby declare Dudeman the funniest person on this site.

And by the way, it's pronounced "Lee-vie" by me and everyone else, excluding my close friends, who call me "Leh-vee" as a nickname.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 14, 2017, 07:27:12 PMI hereby declare Dudeman the funniest person on this site.
i made the joke first
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

i made the joke better

comedy is 90% plagiarism you know

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements