News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 04, 2017, 04:36:25 PMDoes anyone have any tips on how to write fast & well? I know, it's not how fast I write, it's how well I write fast, but I can either do one or the other, it seems. The APUSH test is tomorrow, and I have to write a full-blown essay in 35 minutes. It can be done, but this is the 3rd of 4 sections & I'll be mentally done at that point.

Always think ahead is my best advice. I had to do something similar for the GRE, I had to write an argument about whether or not a hypothetical situation was logical or not, and I ended up scoring a 6 (out or 6) and I think it was because the entire time I was thinking ahead to my next point even as I was typing my current point, which allowed me to get a lot in that was pretty well developed.

E. Gadd Industries

So as I'm writing point A, think about how I'll be developing point B?

I never would've thought of that...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

mikey

while I'm working I often have imaginary debates with myself (on stuff like regulation of economy lately but it's essentially random) and I find that mentally preparing a skeleton well in advance really helps you know what to talk about.  Well-formatted paragraphing helps too, like make sure your paragraphs are with themselves and when you feel yourself jumping off topic make a new paragraph
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Thank you both for the tips! I'll definitely try them out! (I've tried Noc's before on a limited scale, and it seemed to help a lil bit. Don't know why I stopped...)
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

SpartanChief17

I listen to music when I write (orchestral stuff, like from movie or game soundtracks).  Helps me concentrate and stay zoned-in.
Spoiler
Knowing about what you are actually writing about also helps a lot, lol
[close]
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

Altissimo

Quote from: SpartanChief17 on May 05, 2017, 06:41:22 AMI listen to music when I write (orchestral stuff, like from movie or game soundtracks).  Helps me concentrate and stay zoned-in.

P sure that's not an option at AP tests from what I remember lol

SpartanChief17

Quote from: Altissimo on May 05, 2017, 06:48:36 AMP sure that's not an option at AP tests from what I remember lol
Oh, if we're talking about AP test, then nvm. I meant other tests (I use music for my tests and exams. Too bad not for AP tho... :'()
Spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

I wouldn't be able to concentrate with music XDD

I WROTE THE FULL ESSAY IN 25 MINUTES WHAT THE HECK
-The Sign Painter

[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I'm confident I got at least a 4, and 60% confident I got a 5.

Quote from: Dudeman on May 05, 2017, 10:44:52 AMSurprising how it goes by, eh?
It was crazy! And my hand was cramping!

Oh, yeah, I'm left handed, so writing in pen on the free-response questions killed me >_< smeared EVERYTHING
-The Sign Painter

[close]

SpartanChief17

QuoteOh, yeah, I'm left handed, so writing in pen on the free-response questions killed me >_< smeared EVERYTHING
I'm lefthanded too. Hate writing so much.  Would rather type any day.
Spoiler
[close]

Bubbles

hey nsm o/ long time no see i think

I recently caved and bought two Zelda games for the WiiU (that I honestly should have bought a while ago lol) but I got a promo code for a different game with it??? so if anyone plays Final Fantasy Stormblood and wants some free DLC hmu I guess

E. Gadd Industries

Hey Bubbles! Great to hear from you again!!
-The Sign Painter

[close]

InsigTurtle

You're left-handed? Well, isn't that sinister...