News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

I do know people who think they would be paying too much for the 3D in a 3DS. Not that they bought the 2DS.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

SpartanChief17

I legit want that thing. Currently stuck with a regular 2DS, a DSi XL, and a faulty DS Lite.
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

Dudeman

Here's the thing for me: the original 2DS made sense for a purchase, since it's cheaper and the 3D on the original 3DS model is a bit finicky to see well. I hardly ever use the 3D, so if the original 2DS was constructed with a clamshell design, I would have no qualms about buying it. But the New 3DS has some sort of tracking thing to help with the 3D effect (although honestly I haven't heard if it works well), so in all likelihood I'd start using the 3D again, so now the New 2DS is no longer appealing. Way to go, Nintendo.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

The 3ds xl has decent 3d to begin with though I have no doubt new 3ds is better
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

After years of playing on my 3DS the best 3D thing I've seen on it is the Activity Log pencils. That blows my mind every time. But nothing else comes even slightly close to that. I would much rather use a 2DS at the end of the day.
innit

SlowPokemon

No. The 3D effect is great in lots of things. And yeah, it looked great on the original 3DS. But no joke it's much easier to use on the new model. Especially in games like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team where you're supposed to somehow use the gyroscope aiming and also have the option to keep the 3D on--the New 3DS makes this actually possible.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

AmpharosAndy

Fair enough. I've only got the original 3DS. I'm sure the new one is a lot better.
innit

mikey

The best way to use gyros is in a swivel chair.  Try it and you'll never go back
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2017, 10:28:51 AMThe best way to use gyros is in a swivel chair.  Try it and you'll never go back
Personally, I'll take a quick twitch of the wrists over a full body movement any day.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

Quote from: Dudeman on April 28, 2017, 09:56:45 AMBut the New 3DS has some sort of tracking thing to help with the 3D effect (although honestly I haven't heard if it works well)

It works pretty well, can confirm

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on April 28, 2017, 10:35:36 AMPersonally, I'll take a quick twitch of the wrists over a full body movement any day.
bro just try it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2017, 10:28:51 AMThe best way to use gyros is in a swivel chair.  Try it and you'll never go back
I've legit tried this once only. I am indifferent.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

SpartanChief17

I'm cracking up at this. I never use 3d. I just usually play games that don't require it, like old DS games on the 2DS, or maybe MH3U (Yes, I still play that. I absolutely refuse to get any of the new MH games).
Bottom line, I have no use for 3D.
Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 28, 2017, 10:18:17 AMNo. The 3D effect is great in lots of things. And yeah, it looked great on the original 3DS. But no joke it's much easier to use on the new model. Especially in games like Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask or Mario & Luigi: Dream Team where you're supposed to somehow use the gyroscope aiming and also have the option to keep the 3D on--the New 3DS makes this actually possible.
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was one of the worst 3DS games I've ever played.  Would go back to Bowser's Inside Story any day.

Sry for the rants
Spoiler
I am addicted to this song:
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: SpartanChief17 on April 28, 2017, 02:39:36 PMBottom line, I have no use for 3D.Mario & Luigi: Dream Team was one of the worst 3DS games I've ever played.  Would go back to Bowser's Inside Story any day.
D: say whaaaaat? MLDT is cewl though! (Both were great games)
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 28, 2017, 02:42:16 PMD: say whaaaaat? MLDT is cewl though! (Both were great games)
I personally like the entire series, except for the first one. And that's just because of the horrible animation that makes it hard to battle.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter