The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

...I never noticed it until you pointed it out. It's probably at least semi recent

Altissimo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on April 03, 2017, 07:17:14 PMPlease do not impersonate staff.

bc changing an avatar is "impersonating" i see

Dude

Don't bother trying to reason with him Alti, he just has that stick so far in his ass nothing can get it out.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Altissimo on April 03, 2017, 08:13:43 PMbc changing an avatar is "impersonating" i see
I mean, yeah, if somebody's new here, it would probably confuse them.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

But if they're new how would they have known if that was a moderator's avatar or not if they've never seen it before?

WaluigiTime64

Probably "new" as in "somewhat new" not "first time new".
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dude

Also wouldn't the global mod image be an indicator anyway?

WaluigiTime64

Yeah probably. I'm not on either side to be honest.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Altissimo

Quote from: Dude on April 04, 2017, 12:57:46 AMAlso wouldn't the global mod image be an indicator anyway?

lets not forget it's implying the userbase lacks the ability to read the username beside the post. In other words, directly assuming, and contributing to by assuming, a low literacy level of the forums

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

I'm not really on either side of this issue but I do find it really annoying when people change their avatars to match someone else's (and no it's not exactly "impersonation" but it's obviously intentional and done with the purpose of looking like the other person)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 04, 2017, 06:26:38 AMI'm not really on either side of this issue but I do find it really annoying when people change their avatars to match someone else's (and no it's not exactly "impersonation" but it's obviously intentional and done with the purpose of looking like the other person)
I didn't change my avatar to match someone else's. I made my avatar the updater banner. For an hour or so.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Maelstrom

He wasn't attacking you? It was just a general statement.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 04, 2017, 06:26:38 AMI'm not really on either side of this issue but I do find it really annoying when people change their avatars to match someone else's (and no it's not exactly "impersonation" but it's obviously intentional and done with the purpose of looking like the other person)
What if both people are in on the joke?

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 04, 2017, 07:22:42 AMWhat if both people are in on the joke?
I was just thinking about this. Wasn't it last April Fools Day where a ton of people swapped avatars and sigs for a day?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dudeman on April 04, 2017, 11:02:12 AMI was just thinking about this. Wasn't it last April Fools Day where a ton of people swapped avatars and sigs for a day?
No, that was just some random occurrence.