The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

...what about deleted sheets and posts about accepting arrangements? I doubt each post = one arrangement on the site.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

True, but we did project that had a considerable amount of sheets.

E. Gadd Industries

I just realised that if I get into certain colleges, I would have to leave NSM for 4 years to study & focus on that... UGH, I don't want to think about doing that >_<
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

You're telling me that you wouldn't have a single minute of downtime depending on the college you go to? I find that a little hard to believe.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bloop

Quote from: Zunawe on January 14, 2017, 01:27:21 PMWhy wasn't a picture included in this post?
this is a long time ago, but your voice was not unheard

Spoiler
[close]
Sorted by families

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on February 27, 2017, 02:59:49 PMYou're telling me that you wouldn't have a single minute of downtime depending on the college you go to? I find that a little hard to believe.

I think he means that staying on the site halfway would distract him from studying, and since he does a lot of arranging here, too, he wouldn't want to stay just to look at other arrangements he could've done.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

I mean, I basically did that for a lil bit.

Quote from: Dudeman on February 27, 2017, 02:59:49 PMYou're telling me that you wouldn't have a single minute of downtime depending on the college you go to? I find that a little hard to believe.
I'm going to be applying to Harvard, and if I get in, I'll be challenged more than I ever have before; you don't get a lot of advanced learning here in Kentucky. I'll have to spend much time studying. That's if I get accepted, though.

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Oh dang, you aiming high! Good luck man haha
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, but aside from Vanderbilt, that's the only super prestigious school I'm looking at. Thanks! :P
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

And I now know two three more things about E. Gadd. He's from Kentucky, is smart like me, and has higher goals than me.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

E. Gadd Industries

I think there are lotsa smart peoples on the forums! Least, I wouldn't be surprised.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mastersuperfan

My high school (and my year especially) is extremely competitive and academically strong; there are many years where five to ten seniors get accepted to MIT, which, with the heavy focus on science we have here, is the target school for many at the top of the class. Plenty of others go to Harvard instead, and then there are countless other prestigious colleges that people go to (but MIT and Harvard are the primary targets for us since we live pretty close by).

Actually, my brother (who went to MIT) told me that he found college to be significantly easier and less stressful than high school, which can be tough here if you're taking all honors courses (which, naturally, the students aiming for MIT and Harvard all do). Depending on how rigorous your high school is, you might actually find that you have more free time in college than in high school. Since I haven't actually gone to college yet, though, I can't really speak from my experience--just my brother's.

Good luck, E. Gadd!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, what everyone here tends to do is apply to as many prestigious schools as possible (MIT, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, etc.) and see which ones they manage to make. Whether or not you're willing/able to do that might depend, but at my school it's generally advised against just to shoot for one or two and cross your fingers, assuming you're good enough to make some of them, because it seems like kind of a random crapshoot which ones you do and don't actually make. So applying for more colleges seems to increases the chance that you get in somewhere good, since every year one student makes Harvard but not MIT and then another makes MIT but not Harvard, or something similar.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

I hope that's the case with me. But I doubt it. :/ the academic limitations in my area are quite astounding, and as such I think it'll either be of equal or harder rigor. (But then again, I won't have my parents dragging me around shopping and crap 24/7, so it may be easier. Idk...)

Thanks!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zunawe

Quote from: Bloop on February 27, 2017, 03:10:59 PMthis is a long time ago, but your voice was not unheard

Spoiler
[close]
Sorted by families
Those ones on the left look suspiciously like penguins.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Bloop

did i not mention the penguins
oops

The penguins are family too.