News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunawe

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 13, 2017, 09:09:51 PMWhat do these even mean.
When you sign up for a website, often they assign you a default avatar or something (the facebook silhouette for instance). If a sizable number of people don't change from this avatar, it can become more difficult to discern who's talking in a chat or really anything similar that has to do with lists. The solution then is to give each person a "unique" avatar when they show up. That's an identicon. The user id is used to generate an default avatar that fits a general style, but still identifies an individual. Technically they're not unique, but collision is so infrequent that it isn't that important.

GitHub uses identicons, and you've probably seen them around. In fact, I've only really encountered two styles of identicons. GitHub-style is the most common, and the original ones exist, but aren't in use really. I had use for round identicons, so I made a program to generate them.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

I want to talk a bit of some stuff happening in my life:

Windows 10! I can't believe it's so different and so same. It makes a lot of sense in the idea that the system explains a lot of things in a very simple and everyday language. But it is still very confusing and hard to orientate in, to conclude it all - hard to adapt to; - it feels more like I moved to another house or another country rather than just "buying a new computer, crazy what effort this has taken.

Finale Version 25: Fuck Finale authorization!! Why is it so hard making your Finale "legit" and "to work"!? The installation and all was really clean, smooth and fine. But now, the update code doesn't work, and in my previous version the authorization code didn't work. I'll have to call (or more likely... e-mail) the music company to ask them to help me with this issue... (I also got the program in Swedish, which if I recall right, isn't what I ordered - I wanted the English one). And that is... kind of ok. It might be better for me that way if I want to study music at, like, a university level or "public school/folk-university" as it is called here in Sweden. As the teachings will probably be based around more Swedish-oriented vocabulary on things like "Stor Ters" instead of "Major Third" etc. But the fact that it is in Swedish will make it more difficult here on the forums, and helping other people and that sort of stuff, as it is in a different language. I'm also a bit confused finding all the tools in Finale, because it is in a different language. But I think I'll keep as it is, I have no time and energy to deal with music company, it was troublesome just getting the product delivered, it was delayed for like 2 weeks! But I'll obviously need a correct update code. Otherwise it feels really good, pretty much the same thing except small differences such as - runs a bit faster/smoother, sounds A LOT better (Piano sounds).

Lot to do at work now ...apparently. It's not that it feels "weird" or like "there's something wrong going on", it's just a ton of stuff to do, and especially in the export section (in the return section, it is actually very little to do, almost to little). But it feels good that the winter is over and that spring is coming, gives me more "life" and joy to fill my "working spirit"! :D
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Does anyone have any good recommendations of resources to use when studying in High School/lower-level college Science? I'm wanting to make sure I go to state this year. And take the other two science testers in my school with me.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 14, 2017, 02:42:14 PMDoes anyone have any good recommendations of resources to use when studying in Science? I'm wanting to make sure I go to state this year. And take the other two science testers in my school with me.

I'm not sure... all I do is Marching Band, Jazz Band, All-State auditions, Honor Band auditions, Solo and Ensemble competitions, Drama, Large Group Speech, and that's it. I don't do much else.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zunawe

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 14, 2017, 02:42:14 PMDoes anyone have any good recommendations of resources to use when studying in Science?
That's an incredibly vague question.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

E. Gadd Industries

Well, I'm looking for generally any science thing. Here, I'll edit it to make it a lil bit more specific.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Tobbeh99

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on February 14, 2017, 02:42:14 PMDoes anyone have any good recommendations of resources to use when studying in High School/lower-level college Science? I'm wanting to make sure I go to state this year. And take the other two science testers in my school with me.

Maybe look for books at libraries. I think the internet is better suited for studying "computer science" and related topics. If you're interested in other science areas you might want to look at book stores, but maybe look at the internet for book stores and for the books you're interested in. But I mean there are good websites for studying sciences and taking small courses, for free, on the internet (as dudeman talked about), if you're interested in that.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh