The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaFan

Aww thanks Dudeman!
I still have plenty to learn though :P

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

FireArrow

3,300 words 9 pages I never want to see the words "final paper" again. At the very least finals next week is gonna be a breeze in comparison.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 10, 2016, 05:47:58 AMWhy? :P
It was originally about one of my recent avatars, from a movie that's not very well-liked.

Also, I saw Moana today.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Tobbeh99

Rip awesome epic beautiful Dark Pit pic :'(. But Christmas is coming so why not have a funny DDD pic :P. But the epic profile pics will return, after Christmas and stuff is over :).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Oh hey, it's theblac—
Wait a minute...
OHHHHHH
Nice profile pic, Tobbeh!
Unless theblackgiantdoghead44 had a name change...?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 10, 2016, 05:34:14 PMUnless theblackgiantdoghead44 had a name change...?
Does this look like the request thread to you?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

mikey

So I quit my job this week and I told my mom I got fired.  I'm not really sure why but I was able to learn a few things.  I can't work full time.  It sucks any enthusiasm or motivation I may have had straight out of me.  Obviously this is a bit of a problem if I want to live in any capacity.  My mom is another problem.  She was actually happy when "I got fired" because she hated that I worked until 2 am.  Ever since we moved she's been acting like a 12 year old.  I really don't like the change in behavior cause she makes fun of me a lot.  Now she wants me to call the staffing agency to get more work but I'm afraid the same thing will end up happening.  The cleaning position was really dumb since I had 10 hours to basically do a 6 hour job so when I started dispensing I was happy.  Only problem was I wasn't being nearly productive enough.  I don't often have feelings but I felt like I wasn't worth the money they were paying me, so I quit.  Now I'm still staying up late, sleeping late, and I don't really care about good sleep habits enough to change it so I'm just gonna waste time on NSM until I'm tired.  I think my main motivation in life right now is to actually be good at something, anything, because I'm just not.  I'm fine at some things, like volleyball or magic or sleeping, but I'm also bad at a lot of stuff like music and league of legends and baseball and soccer.  And I know it takes a lot of effort to become good at something, but I think to a lot of people there are things that come naturally where they don't to me.  A lot of people say I'm smart, too.  I don't think I'm smart at all.  Maybe a smart aleck sometimes but I don't know anything.  Recently I spent 200 dollars playing magic online because I kept losing drafts.  I don't see how I was playing suboptimally and I thought my understanding of the format was fine, so it often looked like I was losing drafts for arbitrary reasons and variance not going my way.  Then I watch Neal Oliver stream the game and he's so much better than me.  I know a lot of sports psychology applies to magic and I've been reading those kinds of articles, but I don't see the improvement I want and after the disappointing losses earlier this week I also want to give up playing magic.  I just don't see how I'll ever be good enough.  Maybe some of you guys feel the same way about a lot of things you do but you've all basically played me in sm4sh so I don't think any of you really have grounds.  Everyone here is so talented and I feel...not.  Maybe I'm just meant to be one of the losers in the world who works a dead end job and never gets married or has kids for the rest of his life but I already know I can't even do that.  I understand that sometimes things have to be hard, but why are the basic necessities of life also hard?  I mean half the people on this forum are living on their own and succeeding in life.  It might be hard for you guys I dunno.  Somehow you're all still doing it though and that's really impressive.  Maybe I had too soft of a childhood and I got to play games too often and now I can't work hard.  Maybe I've got some debilitating mental illness that actually makes life hard for me.  Who knows.  And feeling sorry for myself like this really makes me hate myself because I don't know how good I've got it.
This has been random thoughts of the moment with noc
unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dude on December 10, 2016, 10:20:24 PMcan u guyz arrnge more touhou music kthx

Well, I'll start arranging at least, when I got less work (not touhou music however). And hopefully it'll make people happy as I think people really loves my arrangements as I put a lot of effort into them.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 11, 2016, 12:04:02 AMSo I quit my job this week and I told my mom I got fired.  I'm not really sure why but I was able to learn a few things.  I can't work full time.  It sucks any enthusiasm or motivation I may have had straight out of me.  Obviously this is a bit of a problem if I want to live in any capacity.  My mom is another problem.  She was actually happy when "I got fired" because she hated that I worked until 2 am.  Ever since we moved she's been acting like a 12 year old.  I really don't like the change in behavior cause she makes fun of me a lot.  Now she wants me to call the staffing agency to get more work but I'm afraid the same thing will end up happening.  The cleaning position was really dumb since I had 10 hours to basically do a 6 hour job so when I started dispensing I was happy.  Only problem was I wasn't being nearly productive enough.  I don't often have feelings but I felt like I wasn't worth the money they were paying me, so I quit.  Now I'm still staying up late, sleeping late, and I don't really care about good sleep habits enough to change it so I'm just gonna waste time on NSM until I'm tired.  I think my main motivation in life right now is to actually be good at something, anything, because I'm just not.  I'm fine at some things, like volleyball or magic or sleeping, but I'm also bad at a lot of stuff like music and league of legends and baseball and soccer.  And I know it takes a lot of effort to become good at something, but I think to a lot of people there are things that come naturally where they don't to me.  A lot of people say I'm smart, too.  I don't think I'm smart at all.  Maybe a smart aleck sometimes but I don't know anything.  Recently I spent 200 dollars playing magic online because I kept losing drafts.  I don't see how I was playing suboptimally and I thought my understanding of the format was fine, so it often looked like I was losing drafts for arbitrary reasons and variance not going my way.  Then I watch Neal Oliver stream the game and he's so much better than me.  I know a lot of sports psychology applies to magic and I've been reading those kinds of articles, but I don't see the improvement I want and after the disappointing losses earlier this week I also want to give up playing magic.  I just don't see how I'll ever be good enough.  Maybe some of you guys feel the same way about a lot of things you do but you've all basically played me in sm4sh so I don't think any of you really have grounds.  Everyone here is so talented and I feel...not.  Maybe I'm just meant to be one of the losers in the world who works a dead end job and never gets married or has kids for the rest of his life but I already know I can't even do that.  I understand that sometimes things have to be hard, but why are the basic necessities of life also hard?  I mean half the people on this forum are living on their own and succeeding in life.  It might be hard for you guys I dunno.  Somehow you're all still doing it though and that's really impressive.  Maybe I had too soft of a childhood and I got to play games too often and now I can't work hard.  Maybe I've got some debilitating mental illness that actually makes life hard for me.  Who knows.  And feeling sorry for myself like this really makes me hate myself because I don't know how good I've got it.

whoa, very in depth post.

Not really sure what your struggle is. Is it that you don't succeed enough in magic, or that you don't have a good job, family and a decent life, or both? When it comes to job, y it's tough working full-time, 6 hours or half-time might suit you better. I'm working full-time and I actually like it atm, because it makes me spread out the workload on a broader time period. And I don't think that people just "get to the things they're naturally good with" that's not my case at all. I studied music and aesthetics and happen to "lucky" (I'm guessing) to get a job at a terminal in the transport section. Many people there have experience or/and education with practical work, and I didn't, but it was the motivation and the drive that kept me going and still keeps me going when it comes to work. I said "this job maybe isn't "my job", but it's a fun job and a healthy job for me, as I don't do basically any physical activity otherwise". So another way of seeing it is that you ca "grew into the profession", adapt to it, that's my case sort of.

When it comes to magic, you probably want to question "what is your goal with it?". Is it to be really good, a professional player? Or is it to be more of a regional champ (best in the city/area)? Or is it to enjoy the game with your friends, as a social activity, and at times do really well but maybe most of the time do average? this comes into play also with your work. I talked with a friend Morris (smash tag "M") at a smash meeting. he's the best, sort of in Stockholm at Sm4sh, and said that "when you got a work, you basically don't have as much time to practice. You M, can play all day long as you don't got a job, but if you get a job, things concerning smash will change a lot". You basically get less spare-time when you got a job, and it's therefore harder and more exhausting to be really good at it as well.

So in the end I'd conclude it like this:

Sm4sh, Magic (other free time activities) get's you: Fun and social experience. It's just fun and enjoying. It can get you money and a good economy, but it's tough as you have to be really good at it in order to earn money by it. 

A Job get's you: Money (a stable economy) and provides a platform to "move on in life" in the sense of getting an own house and a family etc. But obviously it can also give you social and fun experience, many of my work colleagues are also close friends of mine.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

MaestroUGC

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 11, 2016, 12:04:02 AMSo I quit my job this week and I told my mom I got fired.  I'm not really sure why but I was able to learn a few things.  I can't work full time.  It sucks any enthusiasm or motivation I may have had straight out of me.  Obviously this is a bit of a problem if I want to live in any capacity.  My mom is another problem.  She was actually happy when "I got fired" because she hated that I worked until 2 am.  Ever since we moved she's been acting like a 12 year old.  I really don't like the change in behavior cause she makes fun of me a lot.  Now she wants me to call the staffing agency to get more work but I'm afraid the same thing will end up happening.  The cleaning position was really dumb since I had 10 hours to basically do a 6 hour job so when I started dispensing I was happy.  Only problem was I wasn't being nearly productive enough.  I don't often have feelings but I felt like I wasn't worth the money they were paying me, so I quit.  Now I'm still staying up late, sleeping late, and I don't really care about good sleep habits enough to change it so I'm just gonna waste time on NSM until I'm tired.  I think my main motivation in life right now is to actually be good at something, anything, because I'm just not.  I'm fine at some things, like volleyball or magic or sleeping, but I'm also bad at a lot of stuff like music and league of legends and baseball and soccer.  And I know it takes a lot of effort to become good at something, but I think to a lot of people there are things that come naturally where they don't to me.  A lot of people say I'm smart, too.  I don't think I'm smart at all.  Maybe a smart aleck sometimes but I don't know anything.  Recently I spent 200 dollars playing magic online because I kept losing drafts.  I don't see how I was playing suboptimally and I thought my understanding of the format was fine, so it often looked like I was losing drafts for arbitrary reasons and variance not going my way.  Then I watch Neal Oliver stream the game and he's so much better than me.  I know a lot of sports psychology applies to magic and I've been reading those kinds of articles, but I don't see the improvement I want and after the disappointing losses earlier this week I also want to give up playing magic.  I just don't see how I'll ever be good enough.  Maybe some of you guys feel the same way about a lot of things you do but you've all basically played me in sm4sh so I don't think any of you really have grounds.  Everyone here is so talented and I feel...not.  Maybe I'm just meant to be one of the losers in the world who works a dead end job and never gets married or has kids for the rest of his life but I already know I can't even do that.  I understand that sometimes things have to be hard, but why are the basic necessities of life also hard?  I mean half the people on this forum are living on their own and succeeding in life.  It might be hard for you guys I dunno.  Somehow you're all still doing it though and that's really impressive.  Maybe I had too soft of a childhood and I got to play games too often and now I can't work hard.  Maybe I've got some debilitating mental illness that actually makes life hard for me.  Who knows.  And feeling sorry for myself like this really makes me hate myself because I don't know how good I've got it.
There's no magic formula to be good at something, all it takes is you willing to put in the kind of time and energy it takes to get there. Also, being relatively bad at video games isn't a real measure for your success in life.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

braix

@Noc Idk how valid my opinions are here but I feel that regardless of talent, it's mostly work ethic and attitude that'll decide your level of success. I think you should just stop comparing yourself with others everywhere to try and find ways in which you're incompetent, because really that's not going to help you at all.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 11, 2016, 07:27:27 AMThere's no magic formula to be good at something, all it takes is you willing to put in the kind of time and energy it takes to get there. Also, being relatively bad at video games isn't a real measure for your success in life.

Y, I feel really happy at the moment, got a job and everything. But last tourney, I lost super-badly, like total buster. I didn't really try my hardest, was mostly there to have fun, but still.

10/10 tobbeh