News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on October 25, 2016, 12:12:53 PMWhat're you playing?

I feel like maybe I've posted this somewhere, sorry if I have.

Beethoven Sonata No. 28 in A (Op. 101)
Schumann Papillons (Op. 2)
Ravel Sonatine for the Piano
Bolcom Nine New Bagatelles (this is the only recording of this piece, so I linked in case you wanted to hear it, it'd be hard to find).
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Damn, that Beethoven is brutal. Late Beethoven is generally murder (I'm doing Op. 81a and oww), but that one along with Op. 110 is infuriating. Plus the Schumann isn't particularly easy either, especially after the Beethoven.
Nice program overall though!  :D
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

True, the Beethoven is easily the most difficult on my program (other than the second half of the Bolcom), but I am enjoying it in between bouts of wanting to die. I'm one of those people that feel like late, lost-his-musical-marbles Beethoven is objectively the best Beethoven period, though. I love how insane and uncomfortable his late works are even by modern music standards. Schumann set is definitely the easiest on my program by a pretty big margin.

The Bolcom has one bagatelle where the hands are in different key signatures and there's no time signature, so it's very difficult to play up to tempo. And in general some aspects of contemporary music are tricky because they're just not what a classical performer is used to (Bolcom is also VERY precise with what he wants, so there's no room for error). Still, it's probably the most interesting set on my program, and the fact that they're programmatic and modeled after Debussy's preludes is really fun for me.

mikey

White dudes are suddenly a minority in my Facebook feed and it's the dumbest thing ever.  I blame Donald trump tbh
unmotivated

Dude

If you want pictures of white dudes, I guess I've got a few I can spare...

mikey

unmotivated

EFitTrainr

I like food.

InsigTurtle

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 25, 2016, 02:05:37 PMI feel like maybe I've posted this somewhere, sorry if I have.

Beethoven Sonata No. 28 in A (Op. 101)
Schumann Papillons (Op. 2)
Ravel Sonatine for the Piano
Bolcom Nine New Bagatelles (this is the only recording of this piece, so I linked in case you wanted to hear it, it'd be hard to find).
Just wondering, what's the total time is your program? And do you get to take a short break?

Tobbeh99

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 25, 2016, 08:08:40 PMWhite dudes are suddenly a minority in my Facebook feed and it's the dumbest thing ever.  I blame Donald trump tbh

Wait, didn't you support Donald Trump?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

SlowPokemon

Quote from: InsigTurtle on October 26, 2016, 01:28:59 AMJust wondering, what's the total time is your program? And do you get to take a short break?

It's supposed to be at least 50 minutes. The total time for mine will end up being somewhere around 55-60 minutes. And yes, between each set I'll leave the stage and come back.

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

Im going to arrange Snow Halation for no reason...

Whether it ever gets finished or not is another story.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Tobbeh99

I've been thinking about what I've liked and disliked in my life. And a lot of times where there has been things I disliked or hated, people have often said something like "you just don't like that because you're afraid of saying that you like it". And I strongly disagree with that. When I look at my life at the things I disliked, I see a clear pattern why I don't like them. It's not because I'm afraid of liking it, it's because of 2 factors. The 1st factor is that it is simply a thing I don't like... it's that simple. The 2nd, and a very important factor, is that it's a thing that's big at the time. Take Justin Beiver for example. I don't like Justin Beiver and his music, but I don't care much about him either, he and his music doesn't bother me at all. But things were different for lets say 5 years ago, when he was big. I really hated him back then, I thought it was horrible that he had been so popular and couldn't believe that people actually supported him. But after some years, it became less of deal. He wasn't around everywhere and wasn't a big thing anymore. And I can see the same pattern in all kinds of things that have bothered me. A lot of people go with that logic that "you don't like it because you're afraid of liking it", which I guess is true in some cases, but it's definitely not true in my case.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh