News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Bloop on September 19, 2016, 10:49:25 PM10/3, the E major one. It doesn't seem as hard as some other ones, but I just like to joke about Chopin etude torture
That's one of my go-to "I'm cram studying for a test tomorrow and I need to calm down while I study" pieces omgg

Tobbeh99

The op 10.1 is the "Easy to read, impossible to play etude". I just started on it and thought "well this isn't too bad, it's easy to read and memorize" since I kind of think it's a pain with those songs with complicated sheet, as it takes a while to just get started, reading and memorizing the music. But later I found out how devastating the etude actually is. It's just purely hard. But if you can pull it off well, after you've grinded the etude for like 2 years or maybe more lol, it sounds incredibly majestic!

Etude 10.9 is definitely more doable, also pretty fun to play and sounds really beautiful as well. But you do need to have a good left hand, or you can practice up your left hand by the etude. When you got the piece figured out, I like to play the left hand very softly and gently and focus pretty much everything on the RH melody. I did that on a performance and it sounded great! It can be easy to focus too much on the LH as it's the technical difficulty of the song, but it sounds a lot better if you focus on the melody. I also like the piece, how the first section is kind of sad and dark, but then it becomes more bright in the middle section, and then how it returns to the more dark and sad theme as in the beginning. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

braix

I'm trying to learn 11.25, only practicing slowly but still pretty fun stuff.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Winter wind is a beast. Just remember to practice the RH in groups of 2 slow and 4 fast I guess XD
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

Op. 10, No. 1 is a lesson in expanding and contracting your hand. The difficulty comes being able to flex rhythmically and consistently.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

To see more of what Maestro said (literally, it's almost the same quote) check out Ohlsson's lecture on Chopin at Berkeley. It's titled "Why Chopin?" or something to that effect.
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

Okay I'm going crazy because I just got this song stuck in my head but i can't remember the name for the life of me!! Also I'm not on a computer with finale so bear with me

(I'm almost positive this is from haruhi but I went through literally all the soundtracks and couldn't find it)
The song starts off with a solo piano I'm pretty sure, with an acending pattern (shown below but it begins without the melody. It's kinda like the breathing of the piece almost.) It repeats twice before the upper melody comes in.

The main melody is something like
Spoiler
[close]

I lose my sense of the bass for the next part but its a similar pattern (just can't hear the notes), while the main melody continues like
Spoiler
[close]

Then those four measures repeat again. Then the song introduces a solo violin with backup strings, and it builds into the full melody which is v emotional

My brain will not chill until it actually hears this song I hate when this happens so any help would be greatly appreciated!

mikey

unmotivated

Bubbles

omg mystery solved 🙌🏼 it's from Tsuritama so I don't think anyone here would be recognized it anyway. It's 綺麗な花 (Beautiful Flower) from the Tsuritama ost and it's beautiful :') I'd share a link but I can't find it anywhere on YouTube

edit: found it on soundcloud so y'all know i'm not crazy
Spoiler

FireArrow

I just skipped school to spent the last 10 hours reding a novel start to finish due to my teacher not being clear with deadlines. At the very least, it was a good book.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

What book was it? That's a pretty impressive feat, too.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Highschool~

Quote from: Dudeman on September 21, 2016, 08:19:37 PMWhat book was it? That's a pretty impressive feat, too.

On Wings of Song, it was for a silent reading assignment.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Woahhh FireArrow I thought you were older but you're just 18
That's dope
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.