The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

So I'm thinking about asking for a melodica for Christmas this year. Any suggestions for good ones? (Especially for a reasonable price ::))
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bubbles

If anyone has some super smart advice/tips/tricks on how to NOT get sick when you feel a cold coming on it would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!! When I get sick its for weeks on end and I really really can't afford to get sick right now so I'm trying everything I can. My room is filled with oranges and empty water bottles and I'm taking lots of naps and vitamins but I need moreee

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

Quote from: Bubbles on September 14, 2016, 06:57:19 PMIf anyone has some super smart advice/tips/tricks on how to NOT get sick when you feel a cold coming on it would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!! When I get sick its for weeks on end and I really really can't afford to get sick right now so I'm trying everything I can. My room is filled with oranges and empty water bottles and I'm taking lots of naps and vitamins but I need moreee

Zinc supplements, stay hydrated, sleep, and make sure your eating lots and eating right.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

braix

Ok by the way my suggestion of going to a sauna is based on absolutely no evidence. I just like going to the sauna when I feel like shit and it always makes me feel better.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

FireArrow

I mean, it's proven that being less stressed and relaxed is pretty much good for everything so yeah.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bubbles on September 14, 2016, 06:57:19 PMIf anyone has some super smart advice/tips/tricks on how to NOT get sick when you feel a cold coming on it would be EXTREMELY appreciated!!! When I get sick its for weeks on end and I really really can't afford to get sick right now so I'm trying everything I can. My room is filled with oranges and empty water bottles and I'm taking lots of naps and vitamins but I need moreee
ColdCalm homeopathic medicine.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Homeopathic medicine isn't even medicine. It's literally just a placebo..
what is shitpost

Bubbles

Hey I'll do a placebo if it works!!! f it I'm desperate

I'm not that stressed but if there's anything that'll cause me to panic it's the possibility of becoming sick... I love it 🙄

FireArrow

I've already missed two days of school from being sick so I know that feel .-.

Maelstrom

Mucinex or the generic knock off will help relive symptoms.

Wrydryn

^That's concerning. I usually want to avoid the symptoms, not experience them again!

What you're really doing is really most of what you can do to prevent getting sick. Staying hydrated and getting the nutrients your body needs is the most it can really ask of you. Making sure you're getting the required amount of sleep is great too. Just don't go overboard with sleeping too much since that could throw you off a little bit. Otherwise keep it up and take something to relieve the symptoms if they come up.

Maelstrom

With colds, there's really nothing you can do. So, why not alleviate the symptoms and make yourself a whole lot less miserable?

Sebastian

Quote from: Wrydryn on September 15, 2016, 06:00:00 AMWhat you're really doing is really most of what you can do to prevent getting sick. Staying hydrated and getting the nutrients your body needs is the most it can really ask of you. Making sure you're getting the required amount of sleep is great too. Just don't go overboard with sleeping too much since that could throw you off a little bit. Otherwise keep it up and take something to relieve the symptoms if they come up.
I would agree with you here. When I "feel myself about to get sick", I usually drink a lot of water and take some Vitamin C. This usually prevents me from getting sick. I usually try to stay away from drugs since all they do is cover up what's there, not really take it away. Sometimes I will take some pain killer or something after I'm sick in concordance to taking a lot of water and Vitamin C. This usually helps me get better quickest, but heck, that's just my opinion.
Do whatever works for you : )