The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

you said it was good and everyone needs to watch it
they're the same but opposite
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

It's really a breathtaking film. Though I think I still like The Boxtrolls better overall, Kubo was a really nice addition to the Laika canon and probably the best animated film of the year so far. I guess Finding Dory and Sausage Party would qualify too, but their animation wasn't nearly as cool.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nitro Indigo

I watched Finding Dory a few weeks ago. It was good, but my favourite Pixar movie is still Inside Out. Also, I haven't watched Finding Nemo for a long time.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Sir Dino

is finale printmusic just as good as finale? or would I be missing out on something if I bought printmusic.

mikey

printmusic works if all you're doing is arranging.  If you're messing with audio type stuff as well, it's less customizable.  Pretty much, it does what it says on the tin: print music.  It's what I use, and I haven't run into any notepadesque issues, so I'd recommend it if cost is an issue
unmotivated

Sir Dino

i have finale 2012 on my old laptop, but as the year suggests that was years ago, I'm not the one who bought it, and using a slow windows xp just to arrange music is a hassle. all I really need is for arranging, so i might go with printmusic

nocturne mvp for answering so quick

mikey

unmotivated

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Sir Dino on September 10, 2016, 05:14:48 PMi have finale 2012 on my old laptop, but as the year suggests that was years ago, I'm not the one who bought it, and using a slow windows xp just to arrange music is a hassle. all I really need is for arranging, so i might go with printmusic

nocturne mvp for answering so quick

Print Music seems pretty solid. The only difference between it and the full version seems to be some niche features. The most important one maybe being the ability to create additive time signatures, which you can't in PrintMusic. But it's not really necessary, you'll only need it like a few times.   

You can compare the products here:
http://www.finalemusic.com/products/compare-finale-products/
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Tobbeh99

My family just returned from Rhodos! Feels really great, they've been gone for a week and I started to feel a bit lonely.

Also I got a little present from their vacation. Can you guess what it is? A hint, look at my profile pic.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

Tobbeh99

10/10 tobbeh

InsigTurtle

I've been thinking of referring to NSM in my university applications. I'm not going into music, but it could still be worth a mention.

FireArrow

I wouldn't mention it by name necessarily but I would certaintly talk about how you arranged video game music for a big website.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

JDMEK5

Quote from: InsigTurtle on September 13, 2016, 03:53:18 PMI've been thinking of referring to NSM in my university applications. I'm not going into music, but it could still be worth a mention.
Quote from: FireArrow on September 13, 2016, 04:02:35 PMI wouldn't mention it by name necessarily but I would certaintly talk about how you arranged video game music for a big website.
^That's what I did.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26