News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruto

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 16, 2016, 06:34:55 PMwhen you point fingers, two more point back at you. let's all keep that in mind, no matter which side of this argument we're on.

It's really strange you take this so personally, but remember that everyone thinks they're the good guy.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

cashwarrior1

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Ruto on June 16, 2016, 06:37:15 PMIt's really strange you take this so personally, but remember that everyone thinks they're the good guy.
I'm actually not taking this personally at all. I'm just stating the fact that both sides of this argument have done things to undermine each other in the past, and it keeps continually escalating.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Ruto

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 16, 2016, 06:38:20 PMI'd say about mid-60s.

I know people in that age bracket who collect Magic cards so...maybe they're getting it for someone? There is actually profit to be had in selling Pokemon cards. Not that I would do that...you'd need to buy tons and tons of bulk sets, pick out the rare cards, create some sets and sell off the rares individually...

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 16, 2016, 06:39:33 PMI'm actually not taking this personally at all. I'm just stating the fact that both sides of this argument have done things to undermine each other in the past, and it keeps continually escalating.

Sides shouldn't be a thing but if you're going to continuously attack my friends or ignore someone else's (better) judgment, you're going to see my impatient side. I don't know any civil place where people constantly split off and make their own decisions, ignore people with more experience in these areas because anything less than what *they* think is wrong.

I'm also wondering why you let the same couple of people persist/create problems without so much as a slap on the wrist but punishing people they don't like more harshly is acceptable. If you're warning someone you're soft with, and they are still responsible for 90% of the more serious problems, why don't you do more than lecture them? Instead, everyone tries to quickly bury it as soon as they can and bottle this stuff up until it blows up again.

We don't need someone who always think they are right to be responsible for anything really, because everyone thinks they are the good guys, and I know it when I see it. ----ing self-righteous people! There is no excuse for that, I don't care what your religion is or what your religion says your role is. This isn't your freaking house and people ARE going to disagree with you and you won't get what you want all the time. Is it so terrifying/humbling/embarrassing to be wrong?

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

mikey

what are we arguing about
I thought alti saw mlf reporting a post and we were all having a good laugh over it?
unmotivated

Altissimo

i did see him reporting a post, apparently no post was ever reported though so it wasn't mine OR anyone else's lol

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Ruto on June 16, 2016, 07:29:04 PMSides shouldn't be a thing but if you're going to continuously attack my friends or ignore someone else's (better) judgment, you're going to see my impatient side. I don't know any civil place where people constantly split off and make their own decisions, ignore people with more experience in these areas because anything less than what *they* think is wrong.

I'm also wondering why you let the same couple of people persist/create problems without so much as a slap on the wrist but punishing people they don't like more harshly is acceptable. If you're warning someone you're soft with, and they are still responsible for 90% of the more serious problems, why don't you do more than lecture them? Instead, everyone tries to quickly bury it as soon as they can and bottle this stuff up until it blows up again.

We don't need someone who always think they are right to be responsible for anything really, because everyone thinks they are the good guys, and I know it when I see it. ----ing self-righteous people! Boys will be boys and all that rubbish people believe just breeds that kind of crap and I see that A LOT here. There is no excuse for that, I don't care what your religion is or what your religion says your role is. This isn't your freaking house and people ARE going to disagree with you.
I definitely wasn't attacking anyone, you just suddenly got defensive for no reason. Nor am I ignoring either side of this argument. I agree that both sides are right and both sides are also wrong, but it all adds up to just being ridiculous.

I'm wondering why you seem to think I have the power to control people that create problems. I don't. I'm not a mod, and I probably never will be. I'm also not saying that these people that are responsible for "90% of the more serious problems" should get away scot-free (though I would like to see your side of the story on who these people are and what they're doing if you'd like to PM me about it).

At some point I think this stopped being about me, but I agree with you that this is all ridiculous and we need to come together as a community and deal with it vocally instead of keeping secrets and hiding shit from each other. I'm not saying we all have to be friends and live in harmony, but I think if we're all going to continue being here we need to at least step back and understand both sides of the argument.

MaestroUGC

Just going to interject here that the matter was discussed amongst the moderators and we reached a unanimous decision and acted on it. Rules were broken, so punishment was dealt. End of story.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Altissimo

edit: what the fuck ever i dont care anymore

K-NiGhT

Altissimo

ok im going to derail this because i dont feel like discussing it anymore yes even though i brought up issues, i guess ill take maestro's "end of story" seriously for once??

who likes roller coasters

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

good youre a good person. ones that go upside down or ones that go really high or both

edit: i got ninjad by olimar but im too lazy to add latios' quote

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel