News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on May 21, 2016, 12:15:15 PMShould I get the DS or Virtual Console version of Chrono Trigger?
Virtual console. It has, imo, a superior translation as it was done by a smaller team, which gives it a bit more character.
It just feels better on a home console, and the VC version is cheaper. If it's between not playing it at all and the DS ver, go with the DS one.
For the record, I own both versions.
Oh, did I mention that the soundtrack is incredible?

mikey

I wouldn't recommend chrono trigger, it's a very RPGish RPG
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on May 21, 2016, 12:25:24 PMI wouldn't recommend chrono trigger, it's a very RPGish RPG
It's an rpg, but it's a bit more of an rpg-lite.
Nothing is hard to understand, unnecessarily complicated, or obtuse, and it is completely devoid of the filler games like Final Fantasy have.

mikey

unmotivated

InsigTurtle

Does anyone know where I could buy a fairly cheap and good-quality hammered dulcimer? I don't know too much about the makers, and there doesn't seem to be too much information on which ones are better.

I'd really like a celesta as well, so if anyone knows which celestas are better, please tell me. I can't afford the Yamaha ones that run for 28K.

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 21, 2016, 12:20:45 PMVirtual console. It has, imo, a superior translation as it was done by a smaller team, which gives it a bit more character.
It just feels better on a home console, and the VC version is cheaper. If it's between not playing it at all and the DS ver, go with the DS one.
For the record, I own both versions.
Oh, did I mention that the soundtrack is incredible?
Okay. I have a lot of games I'm playing right now, so I might wait a while until I get it.
Also, is it just me, or is the D-pad on the Classic Controller Pro really stiff?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Maelstrom

Zunawe

You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Maelstrom

Zunawe

Thanks. I had to use a lockpick and tweezers to get some of the folds.

I program things

Altissimo

just got done playing Beethoven's 6th and some original modern compositions with the orchestra, my last performance with them sadly

but what's interesting is that the last time I practiced the music (because I'm a lazy piece of shit and a stellar sight-reader so I almost never practice trumpet outside of rehearsal, I know, I know) was 4 weeks ago because I missed the rehearsal 3 weeks ago, and then they didn't have one 2 weeks ago, and then I missed last week's (aka the dress rehearsal) so I hadn't played any of this music in almost a month. Plus I hadn't eaten lunch and also only got 3 hours of sleep but it went off pretty damn well. Go me?

cashwarrior1

I'm ever-so-slightly annoyed and jealous of the way everyone talks about classical music. I'm annoyed because some people are always praising it, lots of people are despising it, and I feel left out of both of them because I neither hate it or like it. I'm jealous because I wish I could hear someone say something, or listen to a classical song and know what it's about, but I'm also jealous of the people who don't necessarily have to learn/care about this due to everyone else learning/caring about it. As I said earlier, I don't hate classical music, it's fun to play, and interesting to hear, but I don't like it either. I probably don't like it due to everyone else making me think I NEED to know the history and that I NEED to learn this music to be considered a "pianist".

Anyways, enough of my ranting, that sounds like you need something more challenging than the stuff you're playing because obviously you don't have to try to be good.

Altissimo

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 22, 2016, 05:19:38 PMAnyways, enough of my ranting, that sounds like you need something more challenging than the stuff you're playing because obviously you don't have to try to be good.

Lol I don't play for the challenge, I play to make pretty music. This is why I'm content camping on 2nd and 3rd trumpet parts all the time: it's a safe zone and the trumpet is a hobby.

edit: plus Beethoven's 6th is anything bUT challenging on trumpet hahaha we play 4 pitches total and most of them are just repeated multiple times in quarter or half notes.