News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeYears

So I was looking at an article about Earthbound's age rating changed in many parts of the world, and when I looked at the end of the Australian article, it thanks TheDreamingHawk for the information. Is this you TheDreamingHawk?

http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/05/earthbound-listed-by-australian-ratings-board/

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 09, 2016, 09:29:36 PMdid you try turning it off and on again

actually yea but it didnt help much and in one case made it worse

Yug_Guy

I remember a while back some members were discussing what constitutes a "series" on the main site on the sidebar. I figured the best way to go about it would be to make a table of how many sheets were in each series to form a baseline for how many sheets you'd need for a franchise to be considered a "series." While the discussion of what constitutes a series has gone away, my love of data and categorically placing things in tables hasn't:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18drTM_WAsaG-PrPDekxojkirCex4026tMDe5TW-Amtk/edit?usp=sharing
The first table contains a breakdown of all the sheets by the series they're categorized in. The second is a further categorization of sheets in the More... section (which I've called "Other" for this table). I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but if anyone has suggestions of things to add to it, please let me know!

mikey

I just don't want undertale to get a section just to spite people who want the music
at the same time I'd rather have it be out of the "more" section and hosted on a whole other site
unmotivated

MaestroUGC

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 11, 2016, 02:54:39 PMI just don't want undertale to get a section just to spite people who want the music
at the same time I'd rather have it be out of the "more" section and hosted on a whole other site
We get it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Yug_Guy on March 11, 2016, 02:50:35 PMI remember a while back some members were discussing what constitutes a "series" on the main site on the sidebar. I figured the best way to go about it would be to make a table of how many sheets were in each series to form a baseline for how many sheets you'd need for a franchise to be considered a "series." While the discussion of what constitutes a series has gone away, my love of data and categorically placing things in tables hasn't:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18drTM_WAsaG-PrPDekxojkirCex4026tMDe5TW-Amtk/edit?usp=sharing
The first table contains a breakdown of all the sheets by the series they're categorized in. The second is a further categorization of sheets in the More... section (which I've called "Other" for this table). I don't know if anyone will find this useful, but if anyone has suggestions of things to add to it, please let me know!
Thanks for this. Well organized, and gives us some stats to work with. This probably took a while, too, so your efforts are appreciated!!
By me, at least

I definitely think that we should have an Undertale section for organizational reasons. It's not like we restrict the side tabs to Nintendo games (Metal Gear Solid has a tab), so I don't see why we wouldn't, esp. with the official project.
what is shitpost

Olimar12345

^Except that the side bar is for franchises, not single games.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

*facepalm*
of course it is. Why didn't I notice that?
what is shitpost

Altissimo

Quote from: MaestroUGC on March 11, 2016, 02:55:49 PMWe get it.

hes allowed to hate undertale
its not like it's that different from everyone who won't shut up about it here :^)

btw yug guy all the hamtaro games are a series!!! and soon they'll qualify for a sidebar heading fuck yeah

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Altissimo on March 11, 2016, 06:39:22 PMhes allowed to hate undertale
its not like it's that different from everyone who won't shut up about it here :^)

btw yug guy all the hamtaro games are a series!!! and soon they'll qualify for a sidebar heading fuck yeah
I don't think that's what Maestro meant, I think he meant that he's said this so many times, that he's made his point.
So my response to this it simple:
 Nocturne hates Undertale, we get it. It's a game, and thus bound to have haters. Now build a bridge and get over it. Stop telling us something we already know, and move on with your life. You don't constantly hear E. Gadd ranting about Splatoon all the time ( he dislikes that game)
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

my response to your response is even more simple:
make me.
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

I feel like it would be easier to just let all video game piano sheet music be on a website about video game piano sheet music and any game series (more than three games) should be allowed to have its own section not in the more list.
'cause you know what? I absolutely HATE undertale and dislike the fan base, but the music on the other hand is really nice and pretty good.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on March 11, 2016, 03:00:00 PMI definitely think that we should have an Undertale section for organizational reasons. It's not like we restrict the side tabs to Nintendo games (Metal Gear Solid has a tab), so I don't see why we wouldn't, esp. with the official project.
I don't think Undertale should have it's own section since it doesn't count as a series. That being said, I wholeheartedly think that Metal Gear Solid should be in the "Other" section cuz there aren't enough arrangements in the category. It has nothing to do with Nintendo-ness. But they really have to hold their own to get their own category. I think we have too many categories based on the statistics.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Dude

Quote from: BrainyLucario on March 11, 2016, 07:10:49 PMI don't think that's what Maestro meant, I think he meant that he's said this so many times, that he's made his point.
So my response to this it simple:
 Nocturne hates Undertale, we get it. It's a game, and thus bound to have haters. Now build a bridge and get over it. Stop telling us something we already know, and move on with your life. You don't constantly hear E. Gadd ranting about Splatoon all the time ( he dislikes that game)
if you want him to stop saying he hates it all the time, you guys probably need to stop gushing over it all the time

Olimar12345

^srsly. It's more annoying reading your reactions to it as if it were new.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!