News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

PDS, I appreciate your thoughts, but we're just trying to avoid things going downhill really fast. It's happened before and it's been ugly.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dude

Yeah, let's just stop before shit happens.

SlowPokemon

I agree with them. Send PMs or something if you want to keep debating.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That's fine, I suppose, but shouldn't we change the forum rules if we're going to close down public discussion every time we have a somewhat controversial issues?
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

In all fairness, this community has proven time and time again that it's not mature enough to handle these kinds of public discussions. I think Maestro has the right idea here.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Again; that's fine. But if we're going to adopt that kind of policy, let the forum rules reflect that.
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

@everyone: Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc is coming to Steam sometime next month, and the sequel will be there within the year. Previously it was only available on PlayStation Vita, but now there's no excuse for you not to play it. I gave them a double game of the year in 2014--over two Professor Layton titles and one Phoenix Wright title, just to give an idea of how much I liked them. Check it out if you can.

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Nocturne being a dick/bigot/troll/etc., mod's make generic "everyone stop arguing" statement without punishing anyone, everyone bandwagons on the "let's avoid conflict by never talking about anything serious ever again yay." NSM.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2016, 08:37:14 PMIn all fairness, this community has proven time and time again that it's not mature enough to handle these kinds of public discussions. I think Maestro has the right idea here.

Sorry to specifically pick on you, but this is not true. Many people have proven that they can handle these topics maturely, it's just that a handful of people can't. Are you gonna look at Nocs posts and say "eeyup, everyone is immature" or see that literally no one else has done anything out of line.

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 19, 2016, 06:24:43 PMFeminism is stupid because everyone hates each other anyway regardless of gender.
This isn't worth discussing here. Let me change the topic

pasta

Please don't use your opinion as some kind of ultimate truth worthy of immediately ending a discussion. If you as a mod think a discussion should be terminated, leave your bias out of it. It's what old minimod-MLF used to do that pissed everyone off.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dude

FA should have been mod before the other two imho

KefkaticFanatic

If some asshats can't handle adult conversations, that's too bad.  The rest of you should just continue and disregard them entirely.  If they are provoked, things will escalate.  If they aren't, they'll either shut up or say something even more stupid and get themselves banned, solving the problem.

Also use the damn report button.  Posts about how you shouldn't post are also pretty silly I gotta say

me irl
[close]

Zunawe

My roommates and I just had a four hour conversation on genius video games and movies and it was great. Adam Sandler and Michael Bay were not among the greats.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

KefkaticFanatic

You don't need to be talking about video game movies to find that out :P

me irl
[close]

braix

Quote from: FireArrow on January 19, 2016, 10:30:04 PMPlease don't use your opinion as some kind of ultimate truth worthy of immediately ending a discussion. If you as a mod think a discussion should be terminated, leave your bias out of it.
My bad, I'd realized the mistake soon after I'd posted it, but wasn't thinking clearly enough to edit it out of the post. I'll make sure that this won't be a recurring theme.

Also PDS, rules are already being worked on. You have asked and you shall receive.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Zunawe

Video games and movies as distinct forms of entertainment. The unmentionables didn't come up.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things