News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

sorry bubbles
to be fair I feel like I did a really good job on it compared to most of my other arrangements
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on January 11, 2016, 11:25:06 AMSo I'm taking a composition class in my last semester of undergrad - I have to write two pieces, both of which will be performed, by the end of the semester. The professor is saying "you can do p much any type of composition you want" as long as it can be performed (so no we cannot write for Tesla coils if we expect it to be performed). I am so conflicted, there are so many options
Write a pianoized string quartet? That is, four voice composition with the voices having the respective limitations that the instrument would have. You could do a fugue with this setup, as well. It's also a good time to show your four part harmony mastery, as well ;D
what is shitpost

Altissimo

i know Jack Shit about string instruments lmao

Bubbles

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 11, 2016, 04:44:38 PMsorry bubbles
to be fair I feel like I did a really good job on it compared to most of my other arrangements
Boyy that was over three years ago 😩 you arrange whatever you want

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

BrainyLucario

Whu does it seem like everyone gets on at around 12:00 CST....alter to your own time zone
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Jamaha

Got a proper stand for my piano. No more wobbling problems during playing.

mikey

After debating for a while about overclocking my laptop I learned a bit more about it in class today and I most certainly will not.
unmotivated

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Jamaha on January 12, 2016, 10:50:43 AMGot a proper stand for my piano. No more wobbling problems during playing.
That would bug me like crazy if that happened while i was playing!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Bespinben

I highly recommend listening to a piece (particularly J.S. Bach) tuned in Werckmeister temperament. Until today, I thought all that talk about each key having it's own "color" was a bunch of hogwash, but now I understand that I was only blinded by the white-washing of equal temperament.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on January 12, 2016, 02:05:58 PMI highly recommend listening to a piece (particularly J.S. Bach) tuned in Werckmeister temperament. Until today, I thought all that talk about each key having it's own "color" was a bunch of hogwash, but now I understand that I was only blinded by the white-washing of equal temperament.

even in equal temperament they totally have colors i stand by this

my favorite key is A-flat major and it sounds like a light pink (the cool type of pink, purple-y) to me

mikey

D major is sort of a goldenrod chrome yellowy thing
very regal
unmotivated

InsigTurtle