News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 29, 2015, 12:57:29 PMnobody except for me
sorry man but you're only 15, it's impossible for you to be as good looking as me
Quote from: Dudeman on November 29, 2015, 01:35:21 PMheyyyyyyy ladies ;)
you can stop, you already have a girlfriend
unmotivated

mikey

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 15, 2015, 09:34:49 AMSo the nearest object which we have seen redshift is the Virgo Supercluster;

Virgo  z=.0037      Distance = 52 Mly

Obviously, even though its red shifted the light will take 52 million years to reach us, so your question remains valid. To my knowledge, I can't answer this question, but it's a really excellent question. I'll ask my physics teacher and see what he thinks.

The only answer I can possibly give is that the objects closest to us are being blue shifted, since they are travelling towards us. If the Universe started contracting, one would assume it would do this all at once (can the contraction of space time have a speed over its distance across the universe?????), so the galaxy's blueshift would be greater since not only gravity is affecting it but also the contraction of the Universe. But since (I assume) the speeds and blue shifts of our closest galaxies are congruent with out gravitational equations, then it mustn't be contracting, since we can see and explain its speed due to gravity. (I assume that physicists would take the expansion of the Universe into account when calculating these things)

I would say 'just trust physicists,' but this is so contradictory to my everything ever that I would literally explode.
did you ever ask your physics teacher about this?
unmotivated

Dude

Who is cuter? Mashi or ʕ♡˙ᴥ˙♡ʔ ★Mashi Smashi☆ ʕ♡˙ᴥ˙♡ʔ?

Mashi

Dude

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Clanker37

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on November 29, 2015, 06:41:25 PMdid you ever ask your physics teacher about this?
whop, forgot sorry. Graduating today as well, so unless I catch him afterwards and be all "But what about liiiiiiight," it's probs unlikely. Though I'm thinking about doing physics next year at Uni so, maybe wait a few years then I can answer?

Maybe this will give me something to do before then.

EDIT:
http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/the-universe/cosmology-and-the-big-bang/104-the-universe/cosmology-and-the-big-bang/expansion-of-the-universe/607-how-can-observations-of-the-distant-universe-prove-that-the-expansion-is-accelerating-now-advanced

found this article which kinda answers it. Not very satisfying. Not nearly enough big words.

EFitTrainr

I like food.

EFitTrainr

Also, honestly, I miss Kman96's presence here.
It's a little bit silly, since I talk to him on a daily basis.
I just miss being able to bother him on here too, I guess. ;)

The reason he's a lot less active now is because when he DID have something cool to post about, he felt like people ignored it- and he's not wrong. I'm not necessarily saying you guys WERE wrong, but it really is frustrating to be ignored, especially when you're excited about something.

Also, members like ShadowChords/NewBlueFlower/ThatGamer/OldFSM/raymondbl/Zintendo.
They suck. (Except FSM. You're a pretty coll dude these days)

Does anyone remember raymondbl?
Once he stopped being stupid, he was actually pretty chill.
Bluflower999 showed up by the end of his time here, and I said something about him being ray's alt account. Then, they both grew up... and then I guess blueflower went right back down again.

It's pretty weird, talking about the old days of NSM. I feel less young.
My 6th anniversary is coming soon. December 19th, in fact. I first found this site while searching the web for a sheet of the Rival Battle from GSC. I didn't really stick around that time, unfortunately, since that was in the days when there were no PDF's. Just MUS and MIDIs.

I was an updater once. Remember that? I tried doing daily updates, which everyone said was a bad idea. Then I suggested weekly updates, which were also "unrealistic." HMMM. (Of course, unlike our dear BespinBen (I missed you buddy!!) I really didn't know what I was doing.)

Then there were the TWG's. I thought they were pretty neat. I kept joining them, but I was almost always inactive. Even that time I got chosen to host. Oops.

I made an alternate account here. Twice, actually. One was called The Doctor, and I was assisted in shenanigans by the long-departed Triforced1. That only lasted a few days, though.
My other one was called Mr. Saturn. I impersonated a Mr. Saturn from the Earthbound series. That was just downright silly.

Speaking of Triforced1, I've met him IRL. On October 3rd and 4th of last year, he and I hung out in downtown Seattle. I've also very briefly met Bubbles, and I ate at Steak Shack with Ruto.

The only NSMer I've spent a substantial amount of time was Kman96, which makes sense, since I made him join this forum. Like a bajillion other things, it took me a long time to do. He eventually joined because of a TWG. He was far more active than me. Also, he's totes Bowser.

I remember trying to get him into Doctor Who. It took me about two years of trying... and after one episode, he was hooked. He watched an entire series in one weekend. Homework did not get done.

Another thing I got him into was the Professor Layton series. That one was easier. In 8th grade, in April, I walked up to him, said "Happy ??th of April!", handed him Diabolical Box, and walked away. I don't remember the exact date. He does, though.

Kelsey and I used to not be friends. It was more of an "Oh god, not HIM again," from Kelsey's point of view- and with good reason. Younger me was a DICK.

Anyway, Thanks for reading all of these words. If you did...
I like food.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Waddle Bro

shadowkirby the true heart of the community representing the good times when everyone loved each other <3

braix

I can feel the reminiscence through this post even though I haven't even been on NSM long
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

Lol I think it's funny that you think you know shit about Blueflower.

And also, your daily update idea was terrible because centered around quantity over quality.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bubbles

Olimar 👀 Chill buddy

That post was such a heartfelt throwback :') thanks