The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Dude

EFitTrainr

I feel like I don't truly understand what it is to be human. What it is to love, or feel compassion. I am apathetic towards almost everything, and I have a hard time viewing others as anything more than a tool, or an object, or a means to an end. That being said, I want to understand it. I want to know what it feels like to care. There are a handful of people who I actually consider close, or go out of my way to talk to or even generally interact with on a regular basis. But even that is a struggle in itself.
I like food.

Tobbeh99

Are you having a bad day? Chill out and have some fun. :)
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Nebbles

That sounds more like an existential crisis than a bad day.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Zunawe

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 17, 2015, 11:47:29 AMI feel like I don't truly understand what it is to be human. What it is to love, or feel compassion. I am apathetic towards almost everything, and I have a hard time viewing others as anything more than a tool, or an object, or a means to an end. That being said, I want to understand it. I want to know what it feels like to care. There are a handful of people who I actually consider close, or go out of my way to talk to or even generally interact with on a regular basis. But even that is a struggle in itself.
In the most inoffensive way I can say this, you might consider looking into getting a psychological evaluation for an antisocial personality disorder. You obviously aren't oblivious to what you're going through, which is, I'm sure, a good thing, and a willingness to ask a professional can't hurt, but has the chance to really help. I'm no expert with psychology though. Just talking as a person, I'd say you should find somebody that you really trust, and just talk to them honestly. The people that care will listen, and it'll be easier to care about them.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

braix

I might get what you mean, but not sure if I'm understanding this right
Like you know they're people but they aren't really people? And you feel like they have something extra that you don't have and life would be easier if you have it too? Is it like those people might be valuable sometime in the future as a means to get something you need so you just deal with it? But you don't really want to talk with your 'friends' even though you know you should?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dude

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 17, 2015, 11:47:29 AMI feel like I don't truly understand what it is to be human. What it is to love, or feel compassion. I am apathetic towards almost everything, and I have a hard time viewing others as anything more than a tool, or an object, or a means to an end. That being said, I want to understand it. I want to know what it feels like to care. There are a handful of people who I actually consider close, or go out of my way to talk to or even generally interact with on a regular basis. But even that is a struggle in itself.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

If you can't get a psych eval, try reading some old literature (the Epic of Gilgamesh's central theme is what it means to be human).
That probably sounds stupid, but it can give insight if that's what you so desire.
what is shitpost

Nebbles

I'd still go for a psych eval though, if that's possible. Talk to someone you trust, it'll always help.

Bespinben

Never gonna let you live this one down Maestro:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

Oh no, you caught me reading a thread on a forum of which I'm a Moderator. What a scandal.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Nebbles