News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayastarr041

I can totally understand you~
I just cant seem to stay away from this site. It's like an addiction. Just replace drugs with this site  ;)
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Dude

Now you know why I've been here for... At least 9 years...

And I just hit 100 days on the forum (sun)

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 26, 2015, 07:19:28 PMI just cant seem to stay away from this site. It's like an addiction. Just replace drugs with this site  ;)

Absolutely agreed, without this site, I would pretty much do nothing all day!

I got someone to think this was drugs once, I was asked what I was doing, I replied "I'm on NSM" she thought I was on a drug called NSM! Lol!

You should get Skype, Maya, it's a good way to talk, and you can talk as much as you want!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Jub3r7

first off, I was responding to something specific but then there were at least 12 more replies and it doesn't matter anymore

second, some of you need to not post too often. A forum isn't like a chat room; a bulletin board is a better mental image. People check it every now and then to see new content, but if in just a couple weeks you put up over 800 notices and responses for people to read, it's out of hand.
Even though the little title under your name changes when you get more posts, post count is NOT a race, ever.

third, drugs
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

ThatGamer

Quote from: Jub3r7 on August 26, 2015, 07:24:09 PMsecond, some of you need to not post too often. A forum isn't like a chat room; a bulletin board is a better mental image. People check it every now and then to see new content, but if in just a couple weeks you put up over 800 notices and responses for people to read, it's out of hand.
Even though the little title under your name changes when you get more posts, post count is NOT a race, ever.

I would stop posting, heck, I'd leave NSM if everyone here was on Skype, but Maya isn't, so I will stay!

Btw I don't care for post count...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Olimar12345

^But please do slow down you posting. Jub is right, you should use a Chatroom or some other means if you would like to chat in real time with someone.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

Dudeman

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 26, 2015, 07:26:58 PMI would stop posting, heck, I'd leave NSM if everyone here was on Skype, but Maya isn't, so I will stay!
If you want to chat, use a chatroom. If you want to talk with people here, use PM's. Restrict one-on-one or group conversations to outside the boards, please.

ninja'd x2
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ThatGamer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 26, 2015, 07:28:41 PM^But please do slow down you posting. Jub is right, you should use a Chatroom or some other means if you would like to chat in real time with someone.

Okay, would definitely slow down a lot if Maya joined Skype... ;D

But anyway, will be way less active in 6 days, 6.5 hours of homework every fricking day...and piano lessons start again...sigh...

Quote from: Dudeman on August 26, 2015, 07:29:46 PMIf you want to chat, use a chatroom. If you want to talk with people here, use PM's. Restrict one-on-one or group conversations to outside the boards, please.

ninja'd x2

Yup

mikey

I'm guilty as well, my post count is up to almost 7 per day
unmotivated

Latios212

ThatGamer, you're missing the point.

Protip: When tension builds up in times like these and you feel like typing a response real quick, type it up but click "preview" instead of "post". Let it sit for a minute. Then check the following:
- if you read what the previous people said correctly
- if you're contributing something to the discussion instead of posting to simply say "ok."
- if people will not be offended or annoyed by what you just typed up.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 26, 2015, 07:31:25 PMOkay, would definitely slow down a lot if Maya joined Skype... ;D

This needs to happen weather or not Maya joins skype.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 26, 2015, 07:29:46 PMIf you want to chat, use a chatroom. If you want to talk with people here, use PM's. Restrict one-on-one or group conversations to outside the boards, please.

also this yeah.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

ThatGamer

Quote from: Latios212 on August 26, 2015, 07:33:24 PMThatGamer, you're missing the point.

Protip: When tension builds up in times like these and you feel like typing a response real quick, type it up but click "preview" instead of "post". Let it sit for a minute. Then check the following:
- if you read what the previous people said correctly
- if you're contributing something to the discussion instead of posting to simply say "ok."
- if people will not be offended or annoyed by what you just typed up.

Ok.

Lol jk, in seriouness, I will do that. Sounds good. I try to be nice, and read my post over, but at the same time, try to post quick so I don't get ninja'd. You know? So yeah, I'll take your advice!

Altissimo

even if maya doesnt join skype there's a thing called PMs and also emails...

just throwing that out there

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 26, 2015, 07:40:49 PMeven if Maya doesnt join skype there's a thing called PMs and also emails...

just throwing that out there

I don't email, and only pm if I have to. I prefer quicktime, so we can chat multiple times in quick succession...But thanks for the suggestion, Altissimo!