News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Dude

I think we could have a nice community someday but not yet.

At least with our current situation, I mean.

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2015, 11:50:37 AMPssst guys. Stop

Let's have a campfire and toast marshmallows and have fun
marshmallows make me sick to the stomach
although I will take all the hersheys bars
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 26, 2015, 12:17:04 PMmarshmallows make me sick to the stomach
although I will take all the hersheys bars

Grahams, mmm
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Waddle Bro

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 26, 2015, 08:45:13 AMI'd advise everyone to think carefully before you reply to MLF. He's definitely right that we've gotten too hostile lately.
Quote from: mariolegofan on August 26, 2015, 08:40:57 AMBut I would like to say one more thing here:
if this is really your last post about the subject then let me go ahead and make mine to point and clear out the mistakes you made so you can potentially learn from them!!! all in good spirit ofc :] Again, you should keep an open, rational mind when reading criticism instead if you think "people just bagged my worldview like groceries so logically they can't be able to do that". A lot of the people here could use a rational mind :]

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 26, 2015, 08:40:57 AMYou can't really say that ACE, Bob Jones, A Beka, or any type of education is inferior to the teachings of the public schools. A few examples in my own life:
My Aunt was home schooled all here life with the ACE curriculum. She got her Bachelor's in Music and is finishing her last year for her Master's in Music. 
My Dad, one of the smartest people I know, was home schooled with ACE for 6 years...I think. He got his Bachelor's in Music, taught in a school for 3 years, and is a part-time arranger/composer and is very good with English.
My Dad's Brother (My Uncle)  who I think was also home schooled but I'm not sure. He got a Bachelor's of Mathematics and is a full-time high school Math teacher.....he also teaches Chemistry.
My Grandma (my Dad's Mom) went to medical school and became a nurse. I'm not to familiar with her life, but I know she was a nurse for a very long time and also taught high school math for about a decade. She wasn't home schooled, but went to a public school I believe.

So, as you can see above, it is obvious that these curriculums are not inferior to public education and it would be foolish to say so. And I don't really understand why you guys don't like Christians or the Bible.
There are many famous people who have condoned and even encouraged Christianity and the Bible. Examples:
1. Ronald Reagan, who stimulated economic growth in the US, strengthened its national defense, revitalized the Republican Party, and ended the global Cold War says, "Of the many influences that have shaped the United States into a distinctive Nation and people, none may be said to be more fundamental than the Bible."
2. Abraham Lincoln, who ended Slavery and did many amazing things, says, " I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good of the Savior of the world is communicated to us through the book."
3. George Washington, the first president, says, " It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.
4. Andrew Jackson, the 7th president, says, " The Bible, sir, is the rock on which our republic rests."
5. Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States, says,
"When you have read the Bible, you know it is the Word of God, because it is the key to your heart, your own happiness, and your own duty."
6. Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States, says, "A thorough understanding of the Bible is better than a college education."
7. Daniel Webster, American politician and noted orator, says, "I believe that the Bible is to be understood and received in the plain and obvious meaning of its passages; for I cannot persuade myself that a book intended for the instruction and conversion of the whole world should cover its true meaning in any such mystery and doubt that none but critics and philosophers can discover it. Education is useless without the Bible."
8. Pascal, French philosopher and mathematician, developed the modern theory of probability, says, "I prefer to believe those writers who get their throats cut for what they write."

The list goes on and on. Obviously, many of the great minds believe in the Bible. Are you calling them fools as well? And yes, many presidents were home schooled as well: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, James Garfield, William, Andrew Jackson, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, James Polk, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, and George Washington.
I like your text but this all falls because informal fallacies are a thing :[ First of all hasty generalization, and examples of people don't show anything about the actual level of homeschooling. It's like Mashi is a genius and Mashi is a human => All humans are geniuses(or mashies, whatever turns you on the most, to me its a world full of mashies)
Just because famous people believe in the Bible, it doesn't change what the Bible is or isn't or make it more or less valid. You can't think that Bible is good for the reason that other people think it's good, or in this case, make it more valid. read the link below :]
Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 26, 2015, 08:35:00 AM^You should question everything they ever teach you instead of following them like sheep

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 26, 2015, 08:40:57 AMJust to be clear, I don't agree with what every Christian says.....Heck, I argue with Christians more than I argue with Atheists. I'm not really proud of all of the Christians out there today. Yes, a lot of them are racist, judgmental, legalistic, and even sexist and I'm sometimes embarrassed to be called a "Christian" myself because of how stupid some of the Christians are today. Take the Duggars for example. I really like that they are taking a stand for Christianity and do understand what they are doing. But some things they do I don't agree with. I was saddened to hear about Josh, their oldest, cheating on his wife :/
That itself does not help the Christian name and makes me sick to the stomach.
Anyway, my point is that I don't agree with all Christians and think some of them are stupid but do understand that they are trying to live for the Lord and that they do have problems. Everyone has problems and no one is perfect.....even Christians.
Don't worry, like I explained earlier, just because some Christians aren't jesi(plural Jesus :]), it doesn't invalidate the concept Christianity at all! Just like if a white person shoots a cop, it doesn't make all white people thugs(<=the wrong line of thought resulted in the Holocaust). Basically anyone who judges Christianity after the actions of a few is a silly goose. You also can't say that because some people have problems and are imperfect, no one can be perfect. shoutouts ad hoc

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 26, 2015, 08:40:57 AMHeck, my favorite YouTuber is a black person :P
the "i have black friends" kind of example to try and prove your open-mindedness is a really common example that racist people use to deny their racism.

ThatGamer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 26, 2015, 12:59:57 PMif this is really your last post about the subject then let me go ahead and make mine to point and clear out the mistakes you made so you can potentially learn from them!!! all in good spirit ofc :] Again, you should keep an open, rational mind when reading criticism instead if you think "people just bagged my worldview like groceries so logically they can't be able to do that". A lot of the people here could use a rational mind :]
I like your text but this all falls because informal fallacies are a thing :[ [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization]First of all hasty generalization[/url], and examples of people don't show anything about the actual level of homeschooling. It's like Mashi is a genius and Mashi is a human => All humans are geniuses(or mashies, whatever turns you on the most, to me its a world full of mashies)
Just because famous people believe in the Bible, it doesn't change what the Bible is or isn't or make it more or less valid. You can't think that Bible is good for the reason that other people think it's good, or in this case, make it more valid. read the link below :]Don't worry, like I explained earlier, just because some Christians aren't jesi(plural Jesus :]), it doesn't invalidate the concept Christianity at all! Just like if a white person shoots a cop, it doesn't make all white people thugs(<=the wrong line of thought resulted in the Holocaust). Basically anyone who judges Christianity after the actions of a few is a silly goose. You also can't say that because some people have problems and are imperfect, no one can be perfect. shoutouts ad hoc
the "i have black friends" kind of example to try and prove your open-mindedness is a really common example that racist people use to deny their racism.

So, you're saying less black friends equals less racism?...

Waddle Bro

what? i was just covering what my homie ruto said better, it's just that if you use the example, people might take you wrong and ironically consider you a racist so it's not the ideal example.

Dudeman

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 26, 2015, 01:01:16 PMSo, you're saying less black friends equals less racism?...
stahp before you make it worse
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

ThatGamer

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 26, 2015, 01:05:34 PMwhat? i was just covering what my homie ruto said better, it's just that if you use the example, people might take you wrong and ironically consider you a racist so it's not the ideal example.

Okay. Good thing I don't have any friends, I won't have to deal with racism!  ;D

Quote from: Dudeman on August 26, 2015, 01:07:25 PMstahp before you make it worse

Okay!

blueflower999

Waddle Bro manages to point out some things in MLF's post without sounding arrogant and demeaning. Well done.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

mikey

I have black friends
I also have white friends
but screw white people they're so racist and stupid
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 26, 2015, 02:29:10 PMI have black friends
I also have white friends
but screw white people they're so racist and stupid

Says the whitest person on NSM  :P

mikey

unmotivated