News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 09:23:21 PMI guess so, yeah. XD

Also, just a reassurance for both Maya and Thatgamer, I got a 99 on that IQ test, which is 46 away from my actual score, so it's obviously not reliable. So don't worry about any of that.

So....is there a more reliable one?
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

braix

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 24, 2015, 10:12:39 PMI was just immature and thought I was smarter than everyone else.
Has something changed
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

mayastarr041

Is it physically impossible to drown oneself? Sometimes I just hold my breath when I swim and see if drowning is possible, but I'm always forced to go up for air no matter how hard I try.
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Hero of Trains

It depends on your buoyancy. If you're holding your breath, you are keeping air in your lungs, which will increase your buoyancy and pull you upwards. It's very possible to drown yourself, however, if you can't get to the surface,for example your clothes are too heavy or something.

But please don't try to drown yourself. My job as a lifeguard is hard enough as it is without people trying to die.  ;)
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 25, 2015, 10:48:51 AMIs it physically impossible to drown oneself? Sometimes I just hold my breath when I swim and see if drowning is possible, but I'm always forced to go up for air no matter how hard I try.

I think we talked about this, Maya...don't try to drown yourself!

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 25, 2015, 10:53:57 AMBut please don't try to drown yourself. My job as a lifeguard is hard enough as it is without people trying to die.  ;)

I didn't know you were a lifeguard! Didn't even know 15 year olds could be lifeguards...I should get that job instead of being a stupid Librarian...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

Hero of Trains

Yeah! I'm also SCUBA certified, so I know way too much about this.  :P
But being a librarian is a good job too! I often volunteer in the library.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 25, 2015, 11:05:34 AMYeah! I'm also SCUBA certified, so I know way too much about this.  :P
But being a librarian is a good job too! I often volunteer in the library.

Wow, scuba certified at 15... AND you volunteer at the library? You make me feel like I haven't accomplished anything... :P

mayastarr041

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 25, 2015, 10:53:57 AMIt depends on your buoyancy. If you're holding your breath, you are keeping air in your lungs, which will increase your buoyancy and pull you upwards. It's very possible to drown yourself, however, if you can't get to the surface,for example your clothes are too heavy or something.

But please don't try to drown yourself. My job as a lifeguard is hard enough as it is without people trying to die.  ;)
Don't worry. Drowning is something I would not do. It's too scary! I wouldn't have the guts! And saved anyone lately?

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 25, 2015, 11:08:46 AMDon't worry. Drowning is something I would not do. It's too scary! I wouldn't have the guts! And saved anyone lately?

I feel like Lifeguards contribute more than Librarians. I mean, I don't save anyone at the library...except when the bookshelves almost fall on little kids... :P

mayastarr041

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 25, 2015, 11:07:02 AMWow, scuba certified at 15... AND you volunteer at the library? You make me feel like I haven't accomplished anything... :P
At least you have an education and you go yogurt school l. I dropped out and right now, my future looks hopeless cause that alone just erased my chances for MANY, if not all jobs.

Hero of Trains

But it also takes less exercise! And you're contributing to their learning!
Anyways, lifeguards don't really save many people. Mostly it's just preventative.

Also, Maya, why don't you go back to school? Just transfer in once you're back from your vacation?

mayastarr041

I'm wayyyy behind. It's hopeless. Technically I should be in elementary school like 3rd or 4th grade and I'm 14.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

@Maya- it's nearly impossible to drown yourself, as humans are (to an extent) naturally buoyant, and when you go unconscious you'd rise to the surface, and assuming air isn't in your lungs, you'd breathe again. That's my understanding of it at least, I could be wrong.
Most suicide attempts with drowning are done by weighing the person down with a heavy rock or other kind of weight... wait why am I telling you this.
Seriously though, don't drown yourself.
As far as schooling goes, you could look into online school, you can progress online much faster than you can at a public school. My mom's friend's daughters (three degrees of separation but whatever) have essentially gotten through highschool, and they're 11 and 12.
It only takes a few hours a day, too. 
what is shitpost

ThatGamer

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 25, 2015, 11:12:39 AMBut it also takes less exercise! And you're contributing to their learning!
Anyways, lifeguards don't really save many people. Mostly it's just preventative.

I guess you're right!

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 25, 2015, 11:15:32 AMI'm wayyyy behind. It's hopeless. Technically I should be in elementary school like 3rd or 4th grade and I'm 14.

Um...just curious...why did your parents let you drop out of school at grade 3?...

I'm the stupidest person on earth, with mental disabilities, but I still keep up with school...

I think you should go back, you only need grade 7 completion to be a Librarian!