The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Hero of Trains

It is in Ace Attorney, but that's because it's used in real life.

Unnecessary information: Luminol works because the iron in the hemoglobin acts as a catalyst, speeding up the reaction so that it emits light frequently enough to be visible. It's also triggered by things like bleach, though, and can also destroy proteins and enzymes (although DNA can still be retrieved), but it's still a very useful tool in forensics.

Also, Braix, what did you think I was, a teenage girl?
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

braix

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on August 24, 2015, 09:08:27 PMHall of quotes.

post it in the thread if you want
Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 09:09:37 PMIt is in Ace Attorney, but that's because it's used in real life.

Unnecessary information: Luminol works because the iron in the hemoglobin acts as a catalyst, speeding up the reaction so that it emits light frequently enough to be visible. It's also triggered by things like bleach, though, and can also destroy proteins and enzymes (although DNA can still be retrieved), but it's still a very useful tool in forensics.

Also, Braix, what did you think I was, a teenage girl?
But Luminol really does sound like some kind of a skin care product
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Hero of Trains

I guess so, yeah. XD

Also, just a reassurance for both Maya and Thatgamer, I got a 99 on that IQ test, which is 46 away from my actual score, so it's obviously not reliable. So don't worry about any of that.
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

braix

Why am I not surprised you got the highest score out of all of us
I quit at question 14 so i guess my IQ is like 3
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

MaestroUGC

The last IQ test I took a few years ago resulted in the test givers exploding upon reading the results.

The paper simply read: "All"
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Hero of Trains

Wonderful job Maestro. I'm so proud of you.

InsigTurtle

New! Luminol Extra-Moisturizing Lotion! Makes your skin retain a youthful glow (when an oxidizing agent is applied)!

Also, please don't put luminol on your skin. According to its MSDS it causes skin irritation.

I actually don't know my current IQ. The only IQ test I took was back in Grade 2, which gave me the opportunity to skip a couple of grades (which I didn't, for some reason? Must not have been too smart).

Hero of Trains

Actually, it's probably more likely due to the bureaucracy in your county. At least in my county, they discourage grade skipping in favor of single subject acceleration, while they also make that more difficult. It could have also been the decision of your parents, as another factor to worry about is how your children will be treated. Basically, they could be bullied for being younger, and could have a harder time finding friends. Also, higher grades have a higher workload, so they might not have known how you would deal with having more homework.

InsigTurtle

I guess I should have clarified that I pretty much vetoed the idea of skipping grades. For some reason, I have a tendency to miss out on opportunities to further my knowledge, since I didn't join any programs that would allow for things such as early university admission and stuff.

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 24, 2015, 10:06:58 PMDumb the what are waste time is the(again) two I well don't a could have not in better if as but lazy son of because why just want he to
Olimar is broken. Either that or he's simply given up. Draw your own conclusion.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

mikey

Chemistry- Ay I was pretty good at chem, except for covalent bonding which I still can't understand

Grade Skipping- I was just immature and thought I was smarter than everyone else.
unmotivated

AwesomeYears

I'm gone for 9 hours and as soon as I go back on the forums, you filled 6 pages of random science nonsense.

Stay classy NSN ;)

Bloop

like wat

how many atoms haven't been named yet

blueflower999

Quote from: Bloop on August 25, 2015, 01:44:44 AMlike wat

how many atoms haven't been named yet
None that you'll find in the natural world.
Bulbear! Blueflower999