News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGamer

Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mayastarr041

Quote from: blueflower999 on August 24, 2015, 07:51:36 PMHydrogen is only dangerous if you light a match and it goes boom. The others are only really dangerous if you breathe it instead of oxygen and kill yourself.

Helium is particularly harmful if your friend breathes it in, because their voice might make you die of laughter.
That helium thing deserves a quote!
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 24, 2015, 07:48:53 PMI just spit that out for a random reason. I don't even know what Bromine is, I only know that it's something lethal. I'm sure the gases aren't dangerous like helium or hydrogen or argon or neon or .......?
All of those except hydrogen are noble gases, and don't actually bond with anything else, since their valence electrons are already perfect.
Though I think some of them might be inherently toxic. All gases can kill you just via asphyxiation if it blocks the oxygen getting to you, so there's that I suppose.
what is shitpost

mayastarr041

Thanks for trying to help me understand, but knowing me, I can't.
Anyways, thanks for trying!

blueflower999

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 24, 2015, 07:58:45 PMAll of those except hydrogen are noble gases, and don't actually bond with anything else, since their valence electrons are already perfect.
Though I think some of them might be inherently toxic. All gases can kill you just via asphyxiation if it blocks the oxygen getting to you, so there's that I suppose.
Except for Radon I don't think any of the Noble Gases are toxic, and that's of course for an entirely different reason. If they don't bond to anything they probably won't hurt you.

Also, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, and probably even Radon bond to things sometimes. It's just Helium and Neon that don't.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

ThatGamer

This is why I didn't pass science in grade 9...
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

blueflower999

The Noble Gases can do that to people. They're pretty arrogant.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

mayastarr041

YAY! I got a 91 on the IQ test! 91 out of 100! I can't believe I actually passed :D

Hero of Trains

Okay, so jumping in here with some little quibbles. First off, cockroaches are not poisonous. (from a long time ago, I know, but whatever) I've had them fried, they're quite good.

Also, you forgot to mention that some of the noble gases you said are radioactive. That would be pretty harmful.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

ThatGamer

Quote from: mayastarr041 on August 24, 2015, 08:07:13 PMYAY! I got a 91 on the IQ test! 91 out of 100! I can't believe I actually passed :D

Where is this iq test? I'd like to try?

blueflower999

Quote from: Hero of Trains on August 24, 2015, 08:09:18 PMAlso, you forgot to mention that some of the noble gases you said are radioactive. That would be pretty harmful.
I did mention it, I just didn't say it explicitly. Yes, Radon is radioactive. If you had a ton of it in one place it would probably kill you. But most people have it build up in their basement because of the decay of certain rocks in the earth, so you might even breathe it in daily on a small scale. Radon (other than 118 which you'll never see outside a nuclear reactor) is the only radioactive Noble Gas.

It's not even that bad, especially compared to the element that comes after it...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

mayastarr041

Pianist Da Sootopolis

IQ tests are, unfortunately not out of 100
Nope.
[close]
what is shitpost

Hero of Trains

Yes, I agree. I was still thinking of this as cookies, though (for whatever reason). A solid radon cookie would probably kill you.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back