News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on August 16, 2015, 04:15:41 PM"hand disease" I could make a Parasyte joke here but I doubt anyone would get it.
But it's not a desease. His hand is no longer his own.

SlowPokemon

My friend has been living at home for a while...and his parents are really abusive...today he told me he cut himself, and well it's been a long time since things have been that bad.. But what really worries me is that he told me. Because in the past he's always tried to hide it from me, so the fact that he told me means he probably doesn't have anyone else to talk to...and there's nothing I can do to help him..
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

ThatGamer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2015, 05:16:41 PMMy friend has been living at home for a while...and his parents are really abusive...today he told me he cut himself, and well it's been a long time since things have been that bad.. But what really worries me is that he told me. Because in the past he's always tried to hide it from me, so the fact that he told me means he probably doesn't have anyone else to talk to...and there's nothing I can do to help him..

Sounds more like something for the 'rant/my life sucks (don't be pricks)' thread. But nonetheless, that's sad. But...what the heck does cut himself mean? Like, a paper cut? Or really deep knife cut?
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

FireArrow

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2015, 05:16:41 PMMy friend has been living at home for a while...and his parents are really abusive...today he told me he cut himself, and well it's been a long time since things have been that bad.. But what really worries me is that he told me. Because in the past he's always tried to hide it from me, so the fact that he told me means he probably doesn't have anyone else to talk to...and there's nothing I can do to help him..

Is he a minor? Could you contact child protective services? If his parent's are causing him to do that, something drastic really needs to be done.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

ThatGamer

Quote from: FireArrow on August 16, 2015, 06:04:34 PMIs he a minor? Could you contact child protective services? If his parent's are causing him to do that, something drastic really needs to be done.

I think you can still contact CPS if he's over 18...

What is so bad about this cutting thing? Anyone here who can explain?
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

SlowPokemon

Quote from: FireArrow on August 16, 2015, 06:04:34 PMIs he a minor? Could you contact child protective services? If his parent's are causing him to do that, something drastic really needs to be done.

Trust me his parents have been abusive for a long time but there's no way I can do that, it wouldn't solve the issue in a way that would be okay with my friend. Not to mention, he is 19 so he's not even a minor...

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 16, 2015, 06:06:23 PMI think you can still contact CPS if he's over 18...

What is so bad about this cutting thing? Anyone here who can explain?

My friend gets these panicky episodes where he's so depressed and upset about life that he cuts himself, idk how to explain it because I've never felt the urge to do it but it's more common than you'd think. He told me he made a big cut on his stomach this time which is really alarming like...I really don't know what to do, and none of my other friends have had experiences with this.. I'm not gonna deny that my friend is kinda screwed up, and imo it's definitely because his parents were physically and mentally abusive all the way back to when he was a kid, which is very confusing and can really mess a kid up.. I just wish I could help him.

ThatGamer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2015, 06:34:54 PMTrust me his parents have been abusive for a long time but there's no way I can do that, it wouldn't solve the issue in a way that would be okay with my friend. Not to mention, he is 19 so he's not even a minor...

My friend gets these panicky episodes where he's so depressed and upset about life that he cuts himself, idk how to explain it because I've never felt the urge to do it but it's more common than you'd think. He told me he made a big cut on his stomach this time which is really alarming like...I really don't know what to do, and none of my other friends have had experiences with this.. I'm not gonna deny that my friend is kinda screwed up, and imo it's definitely because his parents were physically and mentally abusive all the way back to when he was a kid, which is very confusing and can really mess a kid up.. I just wish I could help him.

Whenever I get depressed I just consider suicide...what this guy has is seriously wrong...

If you can't contact CPS maybe you have the courage to just talk to his parents yourself?

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: ThatGamer on August 16, 2015, 06:06:23 PMWhat is so bad about this cutting thing? Anyone here who can explain?

Cutting oneself, or any form of intentional self-destruction, is a preemptive move towards suicide. :-\

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2015, 06:34:54 PMMy friend gets these panicky episodes where he's so depressed and upset about life that he cuts himself, idk how to explain it because I've never felt the urge to do it but it's more common than you'd think. He told me he made a big cut on his stomach this time which is really alarming like...I really don't know what to do, and none of my other friends have had experiences with this.. I'm not gonna deny that my friend is kinda screwed up, and imo it's definitely because his parents were physically and mentally abusive all the way back to when he was a kid, which is very confusing and can really mess a kid up.. I just wish I could help him.

I have no personal experience with this, but I would suggest just telling your fried that you're always there for him. The main point is that he should have hope for his future. If he doesn't have that, it's only going to get worse. :-\
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

ThatGamer

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 16, 2015, 06:44:40 PMCutting oneself, or any form of intentional self-destruction, is a preemptive move towards suicide. :-\

Wait...so you're telling me what I have is worse??

Brawler4Ever

Any degree of considering committing suicide is bad. But it takes different forms. I'm not an expert by any means, so I can't say which is "worse."
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Nebbles

Ahh, just a small note - don't compare suffering like that, it's really invalidating. It's a matter of "who has it worse", it's helping out each person with their suffering and how they can cope.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

ThatGamer

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 16, 2015, 06:53:05 PMAny degree of considering committing suicide is bad. But it takes different forms. I'm not an expert by any means, so I can't say which is "worse."

I hate every second of every day. Social medias like this are a way to escape from it all though! Keeps me wondering...

I guarantee what that friend has is worse though. I've attempted to hurt myself but always backed out due to feeling like life could offer more.

Quote from: Nebbles on August 16, 2015, 06:56:30 PMAhh, just a small note - don't compare suffering like that, it's really invalidating. It's a matter of "who has it worse", it's helping out each person with their suffering and how they can cope.

I understand that. Sorry.

SlowPokemon

I guess I'm just tired of not being able to save the people I care about from whatever pain they're experiencing.. I'm kind of hitting a phase like "I'm useless to others and the only person I ever really help is me" and it doesn't feel good

ThatGamer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2015, 07:05:09 PMI guess I'm just tired of not being able to save the people I care about from whatever pain they're experiencing.. I'm kind of hitting a phase like "I'm useless to others and the only person I ever really help is me" and it doesn't feel good

Don't stoop to my level SP! Stay happy! You wouldn't like to live like me...

Hero of Trains

SP, I completely understand. One of the scariest things for me is when I'm trying as hard as I can to help, but I can't do anything. I know that I can't understand how they're feeling, so I just try to be there for them.
If their parents are causing problems, maybe you could arrange sleepovers or something so that they can stay somewhere else? I'm not sure if that's feasible in your situation, but it could be worth a try.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back