News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 09, 2015, 04:31:46 PMTo be fair, this is kind-of how world history in general is taught. If your actions had even a somewhat positive outcome, then you paved the way for the future, not murdered thousands of people!
In my last US History class (I'm assuming it will be similar to the one FA will be taking) we actually discussed America's wrongdoings very extensively, especially toward Native Americans.  But there was a fair amount about women's suffrage and slavery.  It doesn't sugarcoat it, even the whole "Northerners were good because they didn't like slavery" myth.  And I'm in Minnesota.

I also took a Democracy class in college and I'm pretty sure my teacher was super liberal
he was kinda funny
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Just remember, the victors are the ones who get to write history.

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 09, 2015, 06:29:54 PMJust remember, the victors are the ones who get to write history.
the bible is the rare exception
unmotivated

FireArrow

To be fair, not everyone considers the bible to be an accurate historical source.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

Quote from: FireArrow on August 09, 2015, 07:07:40 PMTo be fair, not everyone considers the bible to be an accurate historical source.
Despite being a Christian, I can't and don't expect anyone and everyone to agree with me. It's reputability is debatable, but I think it would be better if the discussion did not go there.

So, subject change.

Mother 3, anybody?

Sebastian

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 09, 2015, 04:30:07 PMWell.....I don't know 100% sure but I will research it when I have time.
Wow.....*facepalm*
You guys are right. Sorry I'm really tired today I should of believed you guys XD
I do agree that the pilgrims and puritans did kill a bunch of Indians. We drove the Indians to the west and they started fighting and killing us in their defense then we killed them which was stupid of us.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 09, 2015, 07:18:34 PMDespite being a Christian, I can't and don't expect anyone and everyone to agree with me. It's reputability is debatable, but I think it would be better if the discussion did not go there.

So, subject change.
^^

Bubbles

Quote from: FireArrow on August 09, 2015, 07:07:40 PMTo be fair, not everyone considers the bible to be an accurate historical source.
I want an official church announcement that tells everyone that it's not true because it's NOT. My own priest at school straight up told us that the Old Testament is 90% fake (but meant to prove a point or teach morals) and the New Testament has a lot of embellishment

Noah's ark?? One basket of bread and fish for a mob of people?? Cmon

Sebastian

Dude

^ No, stop killing topics when they're perfectly fine to discuss.

mikey

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 09, 2015, 07:20:07 PMWow.....*facepalm*
You guys are right. Sorry I'm really tired today I should of believed you guys XD
I do agree that the pilgrims and puritans did kill a bunch of Indians. We drove the Indians to the west and they started fighting and killing us in their defense then we killed them which was stupid of us.
Andrew Jackson though
unmotivated

Sebastian

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 09, 2015, 06:50:56 PMthe bible is the rare exception
Except it isn't a historical account of anything- it's a collection largely of stories to provide morals, and laws to live your life by.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 09, 2015, 07:45:20 PMAndrew Jackson though
The trail of tears though
what is shitpost

Jamaha

Quote from: braixen1264 on August 09, 2015, 01:11:03 PMThought of the moment: What would happen if the amount of active users on the forums someday just shot up into the thousands?

Chaos, I'd assume. I'd probably shut the whole thing down and go hide in the corner of my apartment.

mikey

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 09, 2015, 11:07:02 PMExcept it isn't a historical account of anything- it's a collection largely of stories to provide morals, and laws
yeah the civil war is just a story that people tell their kids so that they learn slavery is wrong and stuff
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Jamaha on August 09, 2015, 11:22:25 PMChaos, I'd assume. I'd probably shut the whole thing down and go hide in the corner of my apartment.
lol.....when Grant Kirkhope visits ;)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 09, 2015, 11:40:41 PMyeah the civil war is just a story that people tell their kids so that they learn slavery is wrong and stuff
A+