News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

I mean, employers have good reasons. You generally want your employees to look like approachable, friendly people, and tattoos and piercings simply aren't viewed that way in society. Not to mention they turn ugly as shit as you age.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mayastarr041

Well the thing is, with the education I have right now, I won't be able to get a job at all. I mean, I don't think I can attend school anymore!  :-\
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Bubbles

I just watched the movie Remember Me and I'm so offended wtf I was promised a goddamn romance and that is NOT what I got  (don't get me wrong I give it 8/10 stars)

If anyone's looking for a good reason to cry its on Netflix rn good luck

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

InsigTurtle

Quick question: Should I take the SAT? I live in Canada, so it's not necessary, but I was thinking that taking the SAT may open up more opportunities for me in terms of university choices.
Plus, it may allow me to move somewhere less expensive, if I go to the US. I'm not too familiar with how US college admissions work, all I know is that the SAT is pretty much mandatory.

Ruto

Quote from: InsigTurtle on August 01, 2015, 03:14:56 AMPlus, it may allow me to move somewhere less expensive, if I go to the US. I'm not too familiar with how US college admissions work, all I know is that the SAT is pretty much mandatory.

Lol all the desirable cities to live in are way more expensive than Canada. Let's not forget higher tuition rates.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

K-NiGhT

Moved into my new apartment today! Trying to set up the wifi, and it hasn't been working. Called the company and they said service is active, but only in one coaxial port in the apartment.

So, the remainder of my day is going to be spent searching for said coax port. Joy.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

InsigTurtle

Just rock some music and pretend that you're doing a treasure hunt. :P

Quote from: Ruto on August 01, 2015, 12:28:59 PMLol all the desirable cities to live in are way more expensive than Canada. Let's not forget higher tuition rates.
Well, the higher tuition rates are a reality, true. But the city I live in is supposed to be the most expensive city in North America in terms of house prices, so I supposed that there would be cheaper places. 

Also, online stores that only ship to the continental US.

Latios212

Met up with Maelstrom at Nintendo World today!

me on the left
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Echo

Quote from: Ruto on August 01, 2015, 12:28:59 PMLol all the desirable cities to live in are way more expensive than Canada.

Unless he's in a desirable city in Canada (mainly Vancouver), in which case moving practically anywhere else would end up being cheaper.

InsigTurtle

Yeah, I live in Vancouver. It just gets more and more unaffordable each year.

And Canadian universities are pretty meh, so that's why I was considering something in the US.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

With the exception of the top universities like Harvard and Yale, generally Canada>US in terms of college.
Plus college is tens of thousands of dollars over here (usually around 50 grand USD)
what is shitpost

InsigTurtle

FierceDeity

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on August 01, 2015, 09:22:13 PMWith the exception of the top universities like Harvard and Yale, generally Canada>US in terms of college.

I've never really considered the matter, so I don't exactly have an opinion, but care to cite your sources?

And insigturtle, that's for one year (mine is $46k not counting room and board), but also more accurate for private schools. State schools tend to be cheaper, for the most part, though they also tend to give less financial aid/scholarships.

InsigTurtle

Hmm, that is a bit much. I don't want to have the need to take out student loans to pay it off, either.
I didn't consider fees for being an international student, either. Looks like depending on the university, your fees could almost triple.

So I guess taking the SAT would really only be worth it if I had enough money to do something in America, which I'm not sure I have.