The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

I think since this is gonna be a beginner instrument, I should aim for cheaper.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Though all things considered, when compared to pianos, most instruments are pretty cheap XD 1K for a piano will get you a decent used upright at best..
what is shitpost

SuperFireKirby

Pianos are cool tho because they take up so much space that people will practically just give you $1000 pianos for free

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

But they're a pain in the ass to move..
what is shitpost

AwesomeYears

Unless they're...

Spoiler

POCKET PIANO! Dunununununun...
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

ZeldaFan

I talked to a few of you about this already but...

In less than 2 weeks I will be playing the piano at my bf's grandma's wedding. Does anyone here have a suggestion for what I could play that is wedding appropriate?

-Flowy and soothing happy music
-Somewhat advanced music that I could learn quickly
-Prefer something more lengthy

The music will be played in her sister's backyard on an electric piano with an amp. Any suggestions would be appreciated! :D
Also if you have a link to the sheet so I can print it, that would be MUCH appreciated

I will take suggestions of Nintendo music from this site
AND I ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT be playing Canon in D or the Wedding March so don't even suggest it!!! lol

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

SlowPokemon

Anything waltzy, like "Rosalina in the Observatory," which I believe has been arranged by Olimar, maybe the "Sea" or "Surf" themes from Pokémon, or similar stuff. I'd recommend looking around the site a bit, especially the Zelda section since that series is known for dance music and beautiful music.

As far as my own arrangements, I can say "Warmth and Kindness" from Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, "The One Stop Shop" from Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, "Labyrinthia" from Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, and maybe "Misthallery's Many Canals" from Professor Layton and the Last Specter would have a nice sound for that sort of thing and are easy enough to learn quickly. Sorry about the abundance of Professor Layton recommendations, those are just the arrangements I put the most effort into since I adore the music haha. All of these are on the site.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Brawler4Ever

Erik Satie's Gymnodie No. 1 comes to mind. This guy plays it on the piano and offers sheet music as well. Although, that's probably not what you would call "advanced." But still, it's a nice song.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

SlowPokemon

Oh if you can find it, "Merry-Go-Round of Life" by Joe Hisaishi. Most beautiful piece ever and again not that difficult to learn.

Maelstrom

SlowPokemon

Nah, Sebastian's arrangements aren't that great. That version is unnecessarily complicated and lacks some of the richness in sound IMO. Others might disagree though! That's just my opinion. I've been kind of taking liberties with that piece and trying different arrangements of it for the last five or six years haha, so I am a bit biased.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

blueflower999

My thought of the moment is that Donald Trump is a strange, strange man.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 30, 2015, 10:53:44 AMMy thought of the moment is that Donald "I'm starting to wonder myself whether he was born in this country" Trump is a strange, strange man.
to be fair what can you expect from a republican