News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2015, 02:37:50 PMThis is how I feel every time I play Sm4sh for glory or at a friend's house.
I just stink at fighting games, and I've come to accept that.

Y, the thing is, I don't see myself as a bad melee player, it's just that everyone else is so damn good!

And well, I didn't try that hard this tournament, more the opposite, played Puff and jumped around with b-airs and camped top platform to annoy people ;D, but it didn't feel like trying since then my losses would have felt harder, and if I'd win a set it would have felt like I had to climb a mountain to reach it. Not worth it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 13, 2015, 02:30:17 PMWent to a melee tournament, lost all my matches... Why the fuck is everyone so fucking good!?? Can't people be worse at the game so I can win some sets!??
If it's your first melee tourney, that's def to be expected depending on where you live. My local scene is brand new so I only had that problem when I started traveling for tourneys lol
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Tobbeh99

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 13, 2015, 04:33:01 PMIf it's your first melee tourney, that's def to be expected depending on where you live. My local scene is brand new so I only had that problem when I started traveling for tourneys lol

No definitely not. I've been playing for maybe 2 years. 
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

KefkaticFanatic

One week left of freedom before full time 8-5 life begins and never ends

soon-to-be-me irl: https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/HLxjFtk.gif&v=DR91Rj1ZN1M

me irl
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 13, 2015, 10:55:40 PMOne week left of freedom before full time 8-5 life begins and never ends

soon-to-be-me irl: https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/HLxjFtk.gif&v=DR91Rj1ZN1M

Lol be thankful you got a job at least. I've been searching for job for years without any success. It feels really discouraging when I haven't had any success and really boring all days everyday is like: ...hmm what to do today? Maybe do what I do everyday: sleep a bit... arrange some song... play videogames... search jobs!?(y really most boring thing ever). Stupid government, can't even create any jobs for it's people! Ridiculous!   

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Was it a big melee tournament or a scrubby one (little to no advance techniques)? If the former, losing is good! Losing is the first step to winning. Get a good training buddy and go back for more
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on July 14, 2015, 05:12:59 PMWas it a big melee tournament or a scrubby one (little to no advance techniques)? If the former, losing is good! Losing is the first step to winning. Get a good training buddy and go back for more

It was a quite big tournament, lot of the best players in Sweden came. But still my point was that I didn't expect all player should be super-good, it's just sick.
Here you can see some tournament matches, tournament was called "4-Stockedholm 3"
http://4sthlm.challonge.com/2MSingles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLJJd4PZRl-S2xn0nG5cbg/videos

Quote from: FireArrow on July 14, 2015, 05:12:59 PMGet a good training buddy and go back for more

Y sure... but at the same time everyone else just keep getting better so the best I could get is even with the rest.. so it dosn't feel so encouraging.
I have practiced with other people like FAO, IC in top 10 in stockholm, and other guys in Stockholm melee-group. Still doesn't feel like I'm getting much better than if I practice tech-skills, combo-game alone with cpu etc.   

Maybe should have a good secondary or switch main. Falcon is awesome, but I never win :(, thinking about Falco or Sheik, Auto-combos are auto hehe ;D.

10/10 tobbeh

Winter

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 13, 2015, 10:55:40 PMOne week left of freedom before full time 8-5 life begins and never ends

8-5 is literally the best thing to happen to me in a long time. 5pm to 3am was more like your link XD

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Received my tickets today for portland pokemon symphonic evolutions in Portland this september <3
what is shitpost

Latios212

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 14, 2015, 07:38:22 PMReceived my tickets today for portland pokemon symphonic evolutions in Portland this september <3
Favorite thing I've done all year. Good choice.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Ruto

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 14, 2015, 03:38:20 AMLol be thankful you got a job at least. I've been searching for job for years without any success. It feels really discouraging when I haven't had any success and really boring all days everyday is like: ...hmm what to do today? Maybe do what I do everyday: sleep a bit... arrange some song... play videogames... search jobs!?(y really most boring thing ever). Stupid government, can't even create any jobs for it's people! Ridiculous!

I can't really think it's much better to work in America. In general, you wouldn't have time to do anything else with your life if you work.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

I'm officially picking up a secondary instrument, I just can't decide what...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Pick a wind instrument! They're infinitely better than string/percussion!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!