News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2015, 02:37:50 PMThis is how I feel every time I play Sm4sh for glory or at a friend's house.
I just stink at fighting games, and I've come to accept that.

Y, the thing is, I don't see myself as a bad melee player, it's just that everyone else is so damn good!

And well, I didn't try that hard this tournament, more the opposite, played Puff and jumped around with b-airs and camped top platform to annoy people ;D, but it didn't feel like trying since then my losses would have felt harder, and if I'd win a set it would have felt like I had to climb a mountain to reach it. Not worth it.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 13, 2015, 02:30:17 PMWent to a melee tournament, lost all my matches... Why the fuck is everyone so fucking good!?? Can't people be worse at the game so I can win some sets!??
If it's your first melee tourney, that's def to be expected depending on where you live. My local scene is brand new so I only had that problem when I started traveling for tourneys lol
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Tobbeh99

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 13, 2015, 04:33:01 PMIf it's your first melee tourney, that's def to be expected depending on where you live. My local scene is brand new so I only had that problem when I started traveling for tourneys lol

No definitely not. I've been playing for maybe 2 years. 
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

KefkaticFanatic

One week left of freedom before full time 8-5 life begins and never ends

soon-to-be-me irl: https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/HLxjFtk.gif&v=DR91Rj1ZN1M

me irl
[close]

Tobbeh99

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 13, 2015, 10:55:40 PMOne week left of freedom before full time 8-5 life begins and never ends

soon-to-be-me irl: https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/HLxjFtk.gif&v=DR91Rj1ZN1M

Lol be thankful you got a job at least. I've been searching for job for years without any success. It feels really discouraging when I haven't had any success and really boring all days everyday is like: ...hmm what to do today? Maybe do what I do everyday: sleep a bit... arrange some song... play videogames... search jobs!?(y really most boring thing ever). Stupid government, can't even create any jobs for it's people! Ridiculous!   

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Was it a big melee tournament or a scrubby one (little to no advance techniques)? If the former, losing is good! Losing is the first step to winning. Get a good training buddy and go back for more
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: FireArrow on July 14, 2015, 05:12:59 PMWas it a big melee tournament or a scrubby one (little to no advance techniques)? If the former, losing is good! Losing is the first step to winning. Get a good training buddy and go back for more

It was a quite big tournament, lot of the best players in Sweden came. But still my point was that I didn't expect all player should be super-good, it's just sick.
Here you can see some tournament matches, tournament was called "4-Stockedholm 3"
http://4sthlm.challonge.com/2MSingles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLJJd4PZRl-S2xn0nG5cbg/videos

Quote from: FireArrow on July 14, 2015, 05:12:59 PMGet a good training buddy and go back for more

Y sure... but at the same time everyone else just keep getting better so the best I could get is even with the rest.. so it dosn't feel so encouraging.
I have practiced with other people like FAO, IC in top 10 in stockholm, and other guys in Stockholm melee-group. Still doesn't feel like I'm getting much better than if I practice tech-skills, combo-game alone with cpu etc.   

Maybe should have a good secondary or switch main. Falcon is awesome, but I never win :(, thinking about Falco or Sheik, Auto-combos are auto hehe ;D.

10/10 tobbeh

Winter

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 13, 2015, 10:55:40 PMOne week left of freedom before full time 8-5 life begins and never ends

8-5 is literally the best thing to happen to me in a long time. 5pm to 3am was more like your link XD

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Received my tickets today for portland pokemon symphonic evolutions in Portland this september <3
what is shitpost

Latios212

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 14, 2015, 07:38:22 PMReceived my tickets today for portland pokemon symphonic evolutions in Portland this september <3
Favorite thing I've done all year. Good choice.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Ruto

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 14, 2015, 03:38:20 AMLol be thankful you got a job at least. I've been searching for job for years without any success. It feels really discouraging when I haven't had any success and really boring all days everyday is like: ...hmm what to do today? Maybe do what I do everyday: sleep a bit... arrange some song... play videogames... search jobs!?(y really most boring thing ever). Stupid government, can't even create any jobs for it's people! Ridiculous!

I can't really think it's much better to work in America. In general, you wouldn't have time to do anything else with your life if you work.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Nebbles

I'm officially picking up a secondary instrument, I just can't decide what...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Olimar12345

Pick a wind instrument! They're infinitely better than string/percussion!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!