News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Dude

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 07, 2015, 02:31:03 PMwe're all created equal for goodness sake. :p
yet you and a lot of other people think homosexuals shouldn't be able to get married

Pianist Da Sootopolis

There are supposed to be a lot of legislation in effect in regards to women's rights, but most of it isn't upheld.
There are also plenty of social double standards in play, at schools, workplaces, and everyday life.
It's getting better, but it's nowhere near done.
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: blueflower999 on July 07, 2015, 02:43:29 PMDidn't Title IX ban inequality on sports teams?
No. Title IX only applies to federally funded events or things like that, specifically schools. It was part of a series of educational amendments.
what is shitpost

Ruto

Quote from: Bespinben on July 07, 2015, 11:08:38 AMSomeone in my Score Analysis class asked the professor how long our mid-term paper should be. His response:
"It's like a woman's dress. Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep things interesting."

Oh I found a gif. It's not that good so I also found some supplemental material.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 07, 2015, 02:42:32 PMIt's not just soccer. The wage gap exists in almost all forms of women's work.

Yup. Plus a lot of other things.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 07, 2015, 01:56:34 PMHey, we should respect all people's viewpoints, even if they're sexist- I mean, uh..
If you don't respect women(or in some cases men) then how can you demand anyone to respect you?

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 07, 2015, 02:31:03 PMI agree. Sexism is old news.....we're all created equal for goodness sake. :p
I mean when the Supreme Court ruled that women are allowed to vote shouldn't of sexism just of disappeared?
are you for real
Here's the definition in case you don't know what sexism actually means http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sexism

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Waddle Bro on July 07, 2015, 03:13:53 PMIf you don't respect women(or in some cases men) then how can you demand anyone to respect you?
T'was a joke, my friend.
what is shitpost

Waddle Bro

T'wasn't directed at you but people in general fren

Sebastian

Quote from: Dude on July 07, 2015, 03:00:44 PMyet you and a lot of other people think homosexuals shouldn't be able to get married
Let's not talk about gay marriage. If you want to talk about that we can do it privately. You have my skype.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Not a need to really, seeing as it's now legal almost everywhere in the Western world (with a few notorious exceptions).
what is shitpost

Sebastian

You gotta point

Anyway, are there any Wii U Games someone could recommend to me?

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Actually, I'm going back on that.
We should talk about it, because even though it's legalized, there is still cultural hatred towards homosexuals among some.
So I amend my earlier statement, we should still have the discussion.
what is shitpost

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nebbles on July 07, 2015, 02:42:32 PMIt's not just soccer. The wage gap exists in almost all forms of women's work.
Then why don't businesses fire all the male employees and hire only women?
The reason the distinct wage gap exists in soccer is just because of the viewership. Yes, a lot of people watch it. It's not as big of a deal, not because it's women, but because it hasn't been around as long. It's like a similar product on the store shelf that's basically the same as the product that's been there for ages, but doesn't have as many consumers buying it simply because people are used to buying the older product. After all, that's basicly what the sports industry is. The buying of entertainment with time and money. If there's not as much money being put in to women's soccer, teams can't afford to pay as much.
Is it right? No.
Does it make a little bit of sense? Yes.
Is it sexist? No.
Will it change soon? Probably not.

Dude

http://m.fifa.com/womensworldcup/news/y=2015/m=7/news=key-figures-from-the-fifa-women-s-world-cup-canada-2015tm-2661648.html
Quoteยท USA: FOX scored its biggest ever audience for a football match (semi-final: average audience 8.4 million)

WHELP

Edit: Wait largest football audience , Ok idk then