News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 26, 2015, 12:23:53 PMDude, I don't mind if you like gay marriage or anything. It's your opinion and I think it's great to have your own opinion.
At that point in my life I honestly felt that way, but now I don't so that's why I was being sarcastic.

Also, holy shit guys just fucking drop it already.

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

MLF: wouldn't freaking work better than f-ing

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Just thought I'd slip a couple quotes of the founding fathers, since you seem to think it was founded on Biblical principles..
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814
"I do not find in Christianity one redeeming feature. It is founded on fables and mythology."
-Thomas Jefferson
what is shitpost

blueflower999

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 26, 2015, 02:01:03 PMJust thought I'd slip a couple quotes of the founding fathers, since you seem to think it was founded on Biblical principles..
"Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law."
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814
Opposing controversial quote
How about "It's impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible" - George Washington
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

MaestroUGC

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'm curious as to your source from that.
I admit, I hadn't seen that. But, like Kefkatic & others pointed out, there is kinda that 1st amendment.
)We really need a debate topic. I'd start it but it'd probably get locked, because I'm often aggressive when it comes to religious debate.)

Here's the issue though: there are numerous moral codes that abide by no religion.
See, "The Golden Rule".
Also, the Bible, in some parts, condones rape and slavery, and then Christians goes back on that. How are we supposed to govern using a contradictory book?
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

Alright, if you want to keep debating the level of Christian values and view within the Constitution and the like please do so in a private matter.

We've had these kinds of discussions before and they never proceed or end peacefully. Anybody else who posts something on this matter in this thread or any other will have earned my ire and will likely receive a short ban.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Alright, Maestro.
Random question. How does Rubinstein get this amazing sound from his trills, like at 3:23? They always sound so gorgeous but I can never replicate it.
what is shitpost

Dude

damn i wasn't paying attention and mlf deleted his posts

can we please turn that off now i'm tired of him doing that

and also, can we add a "view post before it was edited" thing if that's possible

thank you for your time and consideration

Nebbles

To bring us off this discussion, I've switch majors. Music major, here I come.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Quote from: Nebbles on June 26, 2015, 03:02:43 PMTo bring us off this discussion, I've switch majors. Music major, here I come.
Congratulations! Hopefully it went smoothly.  :D
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on June 26, 2015, 02:19:33 PMAlright, Maestro.
Random question. How does Rubinstein get this amazing sound from his trills, like at 3:23? They always sound so gorgeous but I can never replicate it.

This might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC6bgBA8en8
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Nebbles on June 26, 2015, 03:02:43 PMTo bring us off this discussion, I've switch majors. Music major, here I come.
You're welcome.

I assume I played a major role in this decision.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 26, 2015, 04:00:51 PMThis might help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC6bgBA8en8
I've seen it before, but thank you. Sadly, this guy goes mainly into how to do it to begin with, versus the very specific sound that Rubinstein gets somehow.
what is shitpost