News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

So apparently the Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage is legal. Congrats to my LGBT friends :D
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

SlowPokemon

That made me happy enough to come back to NSM and post about it. I guess my break is over.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 26, 2015, 08:19:37 AMSo apparently the Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage is legal. Congrats to my LGBT friends :D
I heard that on facebook.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 26, 2015, 08:54:14 AMI guess my break is over.
Yay!

MaestroUGC

Good on you, America.

So who wants to marry Maestro? Limit 6 per customer.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Dude

Quote from: Dude on November 21, 2012, 10:41:22 AMPlease pray that gay marriage will be legal in Ohio (or the whole US for that matter) within 4 years.

If it happens I will believe once more.
fuck PRAISE JESUS LORDY LORDY

Maelstrom

Honestly, I did not expect it to happen so soon.

mikey

unmotivated

braix

I'm Christian so I don't support gay marriage, but I'm not completely against it either so I'm kinda eh
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

SlowPokemon

I am so happy that the ban was lifted. The reason for this is that the only logical reason it was banned was for religious reasons, and banning it is basically forcing everyone to conform to the standards of one religion, which goes against everything this country stands for. It's not that I'm bashing Christianity when I say I'm happy about this, I'm just saying that we as a country shouldn't be obligated to keep Christians happy.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: braixen1264 on June 26, 2015, 12:39:30 PMI'm Christian so I don't support gay marriage, but I'm not completely against it either so I'm kinda eh

Same here(but I'm atheist). Kinda felt like  :-\.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

KefkaticFanatic

You guys don't understand.  It doesn't matter what your personal opinion is, it's a victory for FREEDOM, what's more American than that

me irl
[close]

MaestroUGC

Right, Gay Marriage is no legal in the United States of America.

This is not going to devolve into a debate of religious views. End of discussion.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

K-NiGhT

I mean, it doesn't have to be about religious views in the first place. Honestly, I don't get why people get all in a fuss about whether or not it's right by the standards of Christianity. If people have different preferences, then it's their preference. It doesn't affect anyone else but them.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 26, 2015, 01:01:13 PMI see where you are coming from but our country was founded on Biblical principles. I'd rather have our government take those principles out completely than add extensions to the law that go against those principles.

It's obviously not something that has truly come to fruition given that for quite a long time there was a very heavy majority Christian population, but that concept is not a new one by any means: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States

Some details on the actual views of people at the time:

QuoteThe Flushing Remonstrance shows support for separation of church and state as early as the mid-17th century, stating their opposition to religious persecution of any sort: "The law of love, peace and liberty in the states extending to Jews, Turks and Egyptians, as they are considered sons of Adam, which is the glory of the outward state of Holland, so love, peace and liberty, extending to all in Christ Jesus, condemns hatred, war and bondage."

Plus there's, well, the 1st amendment to the US Constitution...

QuoteCongress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

me irl
[close]

Mashi

Quote from: mariolegofan on June 26, 2015, 01:01:13 PMI see where you are coming from but our country was founded on Biblical principles.
It was actually founded in secular principles, mariolegofan.

QuoteI'd rather have our government take those principles out completely than add extensions to the law that go against those principles.
We actually threw out most of those principles about 224 years ago.

QuoteI believe people should do what they morally think is right.....whether it's hating or liking gay marriage.
Then you should be fine with people's happiness (such as Doodle's) over the Supreme Court ruling since they like gay marriage, no?

QuoteI mean heck, the pilgrims that founded are country left England because they wouldn't allow Christianity. That's like Gay people leaving our country and starting their own because we wouldn't allow gay marriage lol.
The "Christians" (more particularly, certain Protestant sects) left for the American colonies because they were unjustly discriminated against, since they went against the principles of the Anglican and Roman Catholic Church.  Shouldn't we learn the lesson from history and not unjustly discriminate against homosexuals?