News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Post Your Thoughts of the Moment Thread 2

Started by Harvest, February 22, 2008, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AwesomeYears

Quote from: Jompa on June 23, 2015, 01:22:40 PMOh shit I keep forgetting..... I'm the only one who uses 3DS...
Ye, because I don't have over 5000 matches played on my 3DS...

InsigTurtle

Quote from: braixen1264 on June 22, 2015, 08:37:03 PMAs a 2nd generation Korean I cannot relate to this.
Rather than tales of Cthulhu, I heard more of "finish your rice".
Being Chinese, I can relate to this^
Except when I left a grain of rice, I was told that every grain of rice was a drop of sweat of a farmer.
Not a great way to appeal to someone's taste buds ^_^;

Jompa

Quote from: FierceDeity on June 23, 2015, 04:51:14 PMI USE 3DS

JOMPA LET'S FIGHT
Why did I not know this?!?!?! I'm up for it whenever I'm awake!! Think I'll just leave this here: 0576-4900-8597

Quote from: AwesomeYears on June 23, 2015, 10:24:58 PMYe, because I don't have over 5000 matches played on my 3DS...
Just checked and I'm 34 matches away from 6000 :P
Birdo for Smash

AwesomeYears

What?! No, I must beat you!If I stop playing Pokemon Shuffle for a while, 21 hours played...

ETFROXX

Quote from: ETFROXX on June 20, 2015, 01:10:45 PMAHEM

I realize I haven't been around in a while and for that I apologize. I've gone through a lot of change lately.

However, I hope you all can forgive me if for just a moment and help my friend.

He is an old coworker of mine from Wal-Mart who is drowning in medical bills. He's truly a good person and I hate to see him suffering like this. If any of you can help, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you can not, that is okay too. I just want to help him as best I can and one way for me to do that is to reach out to my internet friends.

Thank you for your time. <3

http://www.gofundme.com/uwv8r38

You guys did see this, right? No one acknowledged it. I understand if you can't donate but at least say something?

blueflower999

Quote from: AwesomeYears on June 24, 2015, 02:08:27 PMWhat?! No, I must beat you!If I stop playing Pokemon Shuffle for a while, 21 hours played...
It's strangely addicting, right? XD
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Waddle Bro

Quote from: ETFROXX on June 24, 2015, 02:37:26 PMYou guys did see this, right? No one acknowledged it. I understand if you can't donate but at least say something?
I missed it, sryyyy! I hope everything will turn out fine though! D:

Idk what else I could say really :(

ETFROXX

It's okay, thank you.

I just felt ignored, that's all. :/

mikey

Quote from: ETFROXX on June 24, 2015, 02:37:26 PMYou guys did see this, right? No one acknowledged it. I understand if you can't donate but at least say something?
sorry no money

see that just sounds rude :(
unmotivated

ETFROXX

I'd rather that than be skipped over like I didn't post at all.

FireArrow

Eh, sorry, it's hard for us minors to donate money. I guess most of us felt too guilty to say we couldn't, sorry.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Ruto

Ehhh I haven't been on much much lately D:

Anyway, I don't mean to be rude, but I just wanted to bring this up...I know your co-worker is disappointed, but then bringing up the other crowdfunded success isn't really helping much :/ The other one got lots of attention because it was ridiculous and got viral. Exactly how things go viral is mostly out of luck...yeah I realize that the lamp thing is pretty superfluous compared to expensive medical bills, but a lot of people have huge medical bills...

Anyway, keep it at "I wish I had a neighbor who hated my yard decorations" but leave it at that. I wish I had more of an income, but I just have this advice from running and promoting events -.- I'd be happy to give detailed advice, but for now I can just really bookmark it and wait until a sort-of windfall -.-

Also, sharing it on facebook could also help, but I usually wait until a certain time to do it, such as a pre-holiday time when more people are online.

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

ETFROXX

Yeah, I agree that bringing up the other success doesn't help him.

I know he's a good man though and thought I'd at least try here. :)

K-NiGhT

Yeah, ETF, I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I just don't have the money to do it myself. Tbh, I'll be lucky to make it through the next school year based on what I'm making. I just didn't want to say anything because it would be rude to just say "no, sorry," ya know?
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Sebastian

Quote from: K-NiGhT on June 25, 2015, 11:44:44 AMYeah, ETF, I'm sorry I didn't say anything. I just don't have the money to do it myself. Tbh, I'll be lucky to make it through the next school year based on what I'm making. I just didn't want to say anything because it would be rude to just say "no, sorry," ya know?
Same here. :/
I'd love to help too.....